• Customizer

I just thought I’d share some images I whipped up for my own copy of the game.  I know there are already some expanded production charts and corrected battle boards out there, but I kind of wanted some that followed the design of AAP40, so I made my own!  Yeah, I know the NPC goes all the way up to 96, and my battle board doesn’t have any cool silhouettes, but I thought since I went to the trouble, I’d share them for anyone that’s interested.

Below are low-res images so you can see what they look like, but if you go to http://www.vector1design.com/AxisAllies, you can download some high-res, print-quality PDF’s.

I had these printed on 100# letter-sized paper at a print shop, and then used spray adhesive to stick them to foam board.  I think they turned out pretty well, and they cost about $3 each!  Enjoy!

EDIT: The link name has changed.  The link above has been updated to the new location.

• '10

Very Nice  +1 to you

• Customizer

Thanks.  I don’t think I’m in any danger of FMG hiring me, but at least it’s better than what WotC gave us!  :wink:

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Very sharp!

• @bcguitars:

Thanks.  I don’t think I’m in any danger of FMG hiring me, but at least it’s better than what WotC gave us!   :wink:

You couldn’t do any worse!  :wink:

• VERY NICE INDEED!!!

• Superb, cheers to you man!!! :-D  +1

• You may need to put Tac Bomber** in the #4 column on the attacker’s side of the battle chart.

It looks very nice.  It is great to see folks that want to help each other here.

• :-D

Awesome stuff!
    I just picked up AAP40, have to admit it’s the first copy of any A&A that I have personally owned.  :)

Any chance you’re working on setup sheets next?  I heard those were wrong but haven’t had a chance to look at mine.

• Customizer

@valthonis:

Any chance you’re working on setup sheets next?  I heard those were wrong but haven’t had a chance to look at mine.

I’ve thought about doing something like that, maybe like the original with turn order and unit cost as well.  I don’t have a terrible need for it, but it might be handy when I am bringing newer players to the table.  I’ll give it some thought.

• Well, I can’t speak for everyone, but I would find such a summary you described very very useful.  :wink:
    Thanks again for the others though!

• @bcguitars:

Thanks.  I don’t think I’m in any danger of FMG hiring me, but at least it’s better than what WotC gave us!   :wink:

This is not a slam, but anything is better than WOTC

• Customizer

Ok, someone asked for them, so here they are.  Due to the lack of experienced AA players in my area (or any players whatsoever), these cards are kind of handy so the inexperienced players have info such as turn order and turn phases at their fingertips (and I don’t have to keep reminding them).  Just finished them, and there was lots of typing, so let me know if you see any typos!

PS-Thanks to Japan, and the fact that I wanted them to fit inside the individual boxes, the type is kind of small.  If you want to print them out, once again the full-quality PDF’s can be found at http://www.vector1design.com/AAP40.  Don’t even think about printing them out on a home inkjet printer.  They’ll look like crap!  (Trust me…)  ;)

• '10

They look great

• Yep, those set up cards are awesome. It’s a real shame that WotC couldn’t spend a bit more on this edition to polish it up.

• @bcguitars:

Ok, someone asked for them, so here they are.  Due to the lack of experienced AA players in my area (or any players whatsoever), these cards are kind of handy so the inexperienced players have info such as turn order and turn phases at their fingertips (and I don’t have to keep reminding them).  Just finished them, and there was lots of typing, so let me know if you see any typos!

PS-Thanks to Japan, and the fact that I wanted them to fit inside the individual boxes, the type is kind of small.  If you want to print them out, once again the full-quality PDF’s can be found at http://www.vector1design.com/AAP40.  Don’t even think about printing them out on a home inkjet printer.  They’ll look like crap!  (Trust me…)  ;)

These are fantastic. This is what WotC needs to get back to doing instead of just putting the information on a little square in the bottom corner of the board. The games (AA42 and AAP40) should have all the goodies that AAR came with. That was complete at the time even though the cardboard was a little thin. Great work on everything that you have done for AAP40.

• @bcguitars:

Don’t even think about printing them out on a home inkjet printer.  They’ll look like crap!  (Trust me…)  ;)

I printed them on my inkjet printer and they didn’t turn out too bad. A little on the dull side but still cheaper than taking them to a print shop. I have a piece of foam board that I am going to glue them to. I found a mobilization board on Board Game Geek for the AA42. Also, I am taking the cards with numbers, (marshaling cards I think they are called) from Revised along with the damage markers and victory city tokens from AA50 and printing all of those to use with AA42. The victory city tokens will be made for AAP40 as well. Have to have the bits from the other games that I miss in the 2 newest releases.

• WOW…thats about it

• Great work.  :-)

Attractive, functional player aids… what more could we ask for?

Honestly, Wizards ought to consider hiring you for Europe '40. You put 'em to shame!

• Kudos! Printed and look great.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m