• Uk built an aa gun and stuck it in a Chinese territory to defend from japan’s planes. Japan took the territory but uk liberated it. Who Gets the aa gun china or uk?

• China

• @Funcioneta:

China

Didn’t you read the part that said “UK build it in the first place, and UK later took it back” ?
    With what possible rationale would that AA-gun belong to China ?

• Official Q&A

China.

• @Krieghund:

China.

You must be kidding me, do we read the same Rulebook ?

• Could somebody explain why it would belong to china?

• '19

When a territory is captured the aa gun switches ownership to the territories new owner.  So if UK moved an aa gun to a chinese territory, Japan took control of it, then the aa gun is japanese easy enough.  Then even if UK recaptured or rather liberated the territory the aa gun would go to the territory owner which would be china.  AA guns always switch ownership with the territory not necessarily the liberator.

• '19

here is a quote from the rulebook under aa guns.

Subject to Capture: If a territory is captured, any antiaircraft guns there are also captured. Their new owner is the player
    controlling the territory at the end of that turn. They can be used by their new owner in future combat. Antiaircraft guns are
    never destroyed, except when a transport carrying one is sunk. If you move an antiaircraft gun into a territory controlled by a friendly power, place one of your control markers under it.

• @ksmckay:

here is a quote from the rulebook under aa guns.

Subject to Capture: If a territory is captured, any antiaircraft guns there are also captured. Their new owner is the player
    controlling the territory at the end of that turn.
    They can be used by their new owner in future combat.

Hmmm sounds like it should be UK then to me.

• '19

If UK liberates a chinese territory then that territory is chinese.  It is impossible for a chinese territory to ever be controlled by the UK (or the US or ANZAC) as it will always be returned immediately to the chinese.  Just because the UK will have units in the territory doesnt mean they control it.

Here are the rules on liberating a territory in case you are a little unsure on them.

Liberating a Territory
    If you capture a territory that was originally controlled by another member of your side, you “liberate” the territory. You
    do not take control of it; instead, the original controller regains the territory and its income. Antiaircraft guns or industrial
    complexes in that territory revert to the original controller of the territory.
    If the original controller’s capital is in enemy hands at the end of the turn in which you would otherwise have liberated the
    territory, you capture the territory, collect income from the newly captured territory, and use any industrial complex there
    until the original controller’s capital is liberated. You also take ownership of any antiaircraft gun in that territory.

• Thanks. I don’t have the rules on hand.

Although it seems a little unrealistic when I try to picture it, I have to agree with your interpretation.

By the way, which Chinese territory has their capitol?

• '19

chinese dont have a capital which is why it would never be possible for any allied power to control a chinese territory.

• It looks like Shanghai is the Chines capitol, at least for game purposes, and as long as Japan control shanghai, then that AA-gun will be controlled by UK, as I said.

• @Razor:

It looks like Shanghai is the Chines capitol, at least for game purposes, and as long as Japan control shanghai, then that AA-gun will be controlled by UK, as I said.

From the manual, page 9:
    “China does not have a capital like other countries do”.

• @Hobbes:

@Razor:

It looks like Shanghai is the Chines capitol, at least for game purposes, and as long as Japan control shanghai, then that AA-gun will be controlled by UK, as I said.

From the manual, page 9:
    “China does not have a capital like other countries do”.

Thanks, that’s what I thought.

• I would agree that it would belong to the Chinese, in the scenario you mentioned.  Since the English took the teritory back it (the land) would automatically belong back to China the original owner of the teritory and the AA Gun is sitting there for defense for whoever has troops in the teritory.  So on it’s next turn China could very well place it new troops on that teritory, then if Japan attacked the teritory the Chinese should be able to use it.

My question is; in the rules it mentions that if an IC was built by another power in a Chinese teritory and the chinese take bakc control of the teritory the IC is now removed.  The chinese are limited to only infanty and artillary.  So, should the AA Gun be remove base on this as well?  I think not, I like the idea of the Chinese getting a little more help.  What do the experts think?

• '19

The expert (Krieghund) already spoke on the topic and said that the aa gun belongs to china.

• @GrayBlaZe:

I would agree that it would belong to the Chinese, in the scenario you mentioned.  Since the English took the teritory back it (the land) would automatically belong back to China the original owner of the teritory and the AA Gun is sitting there for defense for whoever has troops in the teritory.  So on it’s next turn China could very well place it new troops on that teritory, then if Japan attacked the teritory the Chinese should be able to use it.

My question is; in the rules it mentions that if an IC was built by another power in a Chinese teritory and the chinese take bakc control of the teritory the IC is now removed.  The chinese are limited to only infanty and artillary.  So, should the AA Gun be remove base on this as well?  I think not, I like the idea of the Chinese getting a little more help.  What do the experts think?

The rules limit the Chinese to build only infantry and artillery, it doesn’t forbid them from owning anything else. If that happened then the Chinese would not be able to have the Flying Tigers fighter at the beginning of the game. The game does forbid them to have ICs, air or naval bases, but those are defined as a different unit type (ICs and Bases) while AA Guns belong to the Ground Units type.

• it was originally UK, so it diverts to UK
    that would make most sense

• @Frontovik:

it was originally UK, so it diverts to UK
    that would make most sense

You can always use a house rule to keep it that way  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m