• do you want canada as a power then say here how much you do
    canadas the best :lol: so it should be a power!!!

• @i:

anzacs a power and i feel canada did more in the war so there for should be a power

OK well at least that’s a better position to argue than your original posting!  :-D

Friendly word of advice:
    If you want replies, continue with this approach on why Canada deserves to be a power.
    If you just want a smiting then continue cheerleading about best countries.

• You do realize that by making Canada a separate power, you further divide UK’s strategic power (units can’t attack together) and economic power (forced non-coordination of builds), making for a weaker UK and Canada than they would be together.

There is a point (and I believe that this is it) where reality runs hard up against the limitations of simulation.

ANZAC is acceptible I believe because it’s on the other side of the world and being a separate power forces what was previously a monolithic UK to spend some of it’s income in the Pacific theater.  This organically pushes the game to more closely mirror history.  On the other hand, Canada will (pretty much) always be operating in the same theater as the UK, so making them a separate power just weakens both countries and adds clutter to an already complicated board.  Aside from national pride, I see no gameplay value to justify the added complexity.

• I do not think the UK will suffer much IPC loss in the global game. They already have 16 IPC in the Pacific, now included colonies in Africa and the Middle East and those should add up. I want Canada to be a seperate power, However I can see why people would not like it.

• @purplebaron:

Aside from national pride, I see no gameplay value to justify the added complexity.

Well I think there’s some gameplay value if boosting & re-defining Canada permits the fight to continue even if London falls.

Beyond that I agree with your points.  Canada operated as the cross-Atlantic extension of the UK wedded to a KGF strategy rather than the de jure independant nation it was.

• @allboxcars:

Well I think there’s some gameplay value if boosting & re-defining Canada permits the fight to continue even if London falls.

A strong point.

If you were to have a separate Canada, I would implement it as separate units and economy, but moving on the same turn (as I suspect UK and ANZAC will be in the global game).  Still, that leaves some complications, such as which country captures a territory in a joint assault.

• @i:

whats joint assult about

an ability for players on the same side to attack together much like they defend together when co-located

it’s a common house rule for liberating France

• I want Rio De Oro to be a major power and have it’s own roundels ( historical of course) and its own battleship and man with spear sculpt.

• Simple fix
    In the global game UK controls two minor powers, ANZAC and Canada
    These powers have seperate incomes and can only construct units drawing from IPCs with the apporpriate roundels (ANZAC or Canadian) Use ANZAC peices to represent both Canadian and ANZAC units.

–---------------------------
    ANZAC and Canadian units will never be in the same theatre, so they can be the same color, they can even take the same turn
    it allows for can openers in europe, but limits UKs attack potential a little bit, so its a fair trade

If you REALLY need canada in the game, this is the easiest way to do it
    I expect all canadian territories to add up to about 10 IPCs, so there you go, thats all ANZAC has

• Customizer

@Imperious:

I want Rio De Oro to be a major power and have it’s own roundels ( historical of course) and its own battleship and man with spear sculpt.

It can have a spitting camel, and that’s about it.  I don’t think even a single Spanish infantry would be stationed there.

To be fair, the case for Canada is about equal with that of Anzac, with South Africa & India under consideration.

I would just place them all in the UK camp (with Anzac coming under US control Spring 1942).  Do UK players really want to have to manage 4 or 5 separate economies?

Presumably there will be convoy boxes in the Atlantic, these will in part represent the transfer of income from colonies to the UK, so why not simply combine them into one power?

Perhaps if certain convoys are closed down, the UK loses Canadian income?  Should CBs be marked as representing income from particular countries, lost when the link is broken?

• I think what will hapen is that Canada will be part of Brittan.
    They operate in the same theretre, just on the other side of the ocean. It would make to UK weaker and the game longer.

Just look at the votes.

• @i:

i guess :cry: :cry:
    well not what do i do for six months?

Make your house rules for Canada.

• Well if Canada comes with its own controller marker (which i believe it does) a simple house rule will make Canada a major power or not :-). You do not have to go by it but if you really want Canada as a major power just throw it in there and work it out with you and your buddies. I mean come on once these games leave the factory its up to the players to decide what will happen. (with the exception of tournaments)

• Historians are still debating whether it was or not

• Where will you draw the line? Canada and other minor countries should be optional rules not house rules.

• What happened to this world, cant joke anymore. :?

• I have heard the argumiment that if the ANZACs are a power, so should Canada. I am from AUs, so I may be on the ANZACs side but my 2 cents are-

The ANZACs are a power because-They a remote island, that could not recive any help from Brittan, or help Brittan. So the the IPCs should stay in Aus. It was also at direct theat of invasion and was doing the exacpt opposite of India (they where aiming for Singapor, we where helping the us in the phillipans).

Where as Canada was fighting the same war as the UK, just as an extra. They helped the war a lot, but not as a really indepidant power.

Anywhy, just my 2 cents. Always house rules.

• @Brain:

Where will you draw the line? Canada and other minor countries should be optional rules not house rules.

Optional… as in I can trade my French infantry in for more Japanese tac?  :-D

• A&A D-Day had white Inf, Art, and Tanks (possibly Fighters and Bombers as well, can’t recall) that you could use to represent Canadian units.

Some boxes of revised (2004) came with minty green UK units too. These might be employed as South Africans? Indians? Hey, I’m all for adding new flavour to the game. You could even keep their economies and movements integrated and just put these bad boys on the table for aesthetic purposes :)

• @Make_It_Round:

You could… just put these bad boys on the table for aesthetic purposes :)

What I’ve always done for that one Canadian Armoured unit in Eastern Canada!  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m