• so, let’s talk about a j3 attack :)
    well, troops landed at FIC can take and hold yunnan, knocking out china.
    those transports can also go back to manchuria to pick up troops (especially korean guy, rest moves on)
    newly build transports move south at round 2, preparing to take malaya (most important = IC)
    round 3 new transports from manchuria and japan attack kwantung, philippines and FIC takes malaya and perhaps some of east indies (to delete british boni)

tell me, sourire ou mourire? (laugh: good, or die: bad)

• Yes, I am currently favoring a similar plan for a J3 attack. I believe Japan should build an IC for the mainland and 2 TRs in Japan to bring troops into the battle area on J2 in prep for kick-off on J3.

Japan should take Kwangtung, PI, and some combination of the DEI and Malaya based on how the Brits have deployed. If you are feeling ballsy, take one of the islands that is giving the Anzac’s their bonus as well, but this will likely leave a portion of your fleet exposed (or else sacrifice a TR which can be costly that early).

With the bulk of your fleet in the DEI area the Brit econ should pretty much be dead by UK3. Follow-up by hunting down the RN and then turn and prep to take on the growing US while finishing off mainland China and UK.

• I have not played many times, but you ideas for Japanese transport use are similar to my own.

I attack China with everything I got on J1 and I bring units from Japan to occupy the two teritories adjacent to Hong Kong.  On turn J2 I more those two transports up north (to SZ 19 I think) to collect troops on J3 for a Phillipine invasion.  I also build transports on my earlier J-turns for other purposes on J3.

Good luck and enjoy!

• I have a somewhat unrelated question

if japan puts a warship in a sea zone suroubing An UNocupied dei island
    such Borneo.
    Would uk be able to capture the territorys without declaring  war?

If uk can’t than what do u think of the plan?

• Yes, the nations that are not ‘at war’ can ignore each others ships so Japan cannot cut England off from taking the DEI.

• If you have a warship in any zone where there is a convoy marker, you’re at war. Even if the Dutch are still controlling the island itself.

• @BasileII:

If you have a warship in any zone where there is a convoy marker, you’re at war. Even if the Dutch are still controlling the island itself.

only if you intend to disrupt the convoy

• @dinosaur:

I have not played many times, but you ideas for Japanese transport use are similar to my own.

I attack China with everything I got on J1 and I bring units from Japan to occupy the two teritories adjacent to Hong Kong.  On turn J2 I more those two transports up north (to SZ 19 I think) to collect troops on J3 for a Phillipine invasion.  I also build transports on my earlier J-turns for other purposes on J3.

Good luck and enjoy!

what do you with transport from carolines? also to kwantung area or to japan?
    btw, like your strats.

• What I understood of the rules is that this is not how it works. You do not decide if you do or do not disrupt convoy by being in the sz. if you enter in it, you’re at war, that’s it.

• you do ;)
    you are not forced to disrupt convoy.
    but if you do, it’s war
    (so ships can lay there and don’t harm anybody)

• @Frontovik:

btw, like your strats.

I move the transport on Carolines to Japan J1, and I buy one also on J1.  Both of these move to Carolines on J2 with 1 Infantry and 1 Arty each, along with the subs I buy on J1.  J3 I land 2 trans on Phils, hit Hong Kong from both sides and some air, and look for a place to expand from the Carolines with the troops I have there.  I shuttle troops in from Japan on J3 so I can keep my momentum from the Carolines.  I usually take a DEI island from the Carolines on J3, but I am ready for other opportunities.  Basically, on J3 I want to shut down all the Allied extra income.  One problem is making sure the US is threatened enough not to go after the home island.

I expect to buy a lot of DDs, SSs, Infantry and Arty as Japan while I get the ball rolling.

• Well, anyway, if you do not prevent Uk ships to move by, then it changes nothing. Thanks for the advice, anyway.

• @dinosaur:

@Frontovik:

btw, like your strats.

I move the transport on Carolines to Japan J1, and I buy one also on J1.  Both of these move to Carolines on J2 with 1 Infantry and 1 Arty each, along with the subs I buy on J1.  J3 I land 2 trans on Phils, hit Hong Kong from both sides and some air, and look for a place to expand from the Carolines with the troops I have there.  I shuttle troops in from Japan on J3 so I can keep my momentum from the Carolines.  I usually take a DEI island from the Carolines on J3, but I am ready for other opportunities.  Basically, on J3 I want to shut down all the Allied extra income.  One problem is making sure the US is threatened enough not to go after the home island.

I expect to buy a lot of DDs, SSs, Infantry and Arty as Japan while I get the ball rolling.

my plan is to whack out brits of the war, abnd that’s to cut down DEI income and take malay for IC ASAP
    so no carolines for me :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m