• Ok so I finally found my Axis strategy,

Germany

1. Buy Battleship and Carrier round one, remaining rounds buy all tanks(until they arent needed). Russia may get all the way to Poland before being driven back but thats part of the plan.

2. Save the plane in Germany for the carrier(the rules dont forbid using planes in combat landing them in Germany and then loading them on the built carrier, but I dont allow this)

3. Ampibious assault Gibraltar, with the sub and battleship in tow(and french plane if needed) This prevents planes from the UK from hitting the south fleet on turn one.

4. Re-take Ukraine if nessisary with minimal forces.

5. Land all planes in France.

6. Don’t waste attack material on Russia till you get the tanks in play, just slow their advance down.

7. Leave the North fleet in port, destroy the russian sub with planes if it blocks.

8. On turn two kill any boats which block the path of the two fleets to sea zone 7 with planes and minimal boats. This will allow your fleets to converge at 7 in the non-combat phase. Leaving you with a massive fleet of 2Bats/1Car/2Fight/1des/+1-3 subs, use this fleet and the land planes to waste any transports that are built. It should take the allies three hopefully four turns before they can get rid of your fleet and start buying transport materials.

Japan
    1)Buy two factories, Secure two of the East Asia zones for your factories.

2)Send all Asia Infantry to china with planes. Keep them alive to join the six tanks you are going to send through China each turn. If Germany holds off the transports long enough you should be able to overwhelm Russia on turns 5-6 with the aide of the first German tank waves… Obviously take any factory built in India and if America decides to build all out on the West coast then the Germans will have no trouble keeping Briton out of France.

Sorrry no time to go into more detail.

• @BigPapaSmurf:

1. On turn two kill any boats which block the path of the two fleets to sea zone 7 with planes and minimal boats. This will allow your fleets to converge at 7 in the non-combat phase. Leaving you with a massive fleet of 2Bats/1Car/2Fight/1des/+1-3 subs, use this fleet and the land planes to waste any transports that are built. It should take the allies three hopefully four turns before they can get rid of your fleet and start buying transport materials.

]

UK turn 1 buys 1 AC and 1 DD, moves the Indian fleet to the Med. UK deploys the AC on SZ 7 (joining the 2 TRNs and the BB) and the DD on SZ6.
    US turn 1 moves 1 ship to SZ 12, if the SUB from SZ8 moved to the Gibraltar attack move the US DD to SZ12. If it moved elsewhere sink it with UK/US planes.
    R turn 2 moves 1 SUB to SZ 7.

Now both G fleets can’t converge on SZ 7 during NCM. The Allied fleet is 1 BB, 1 AC, 2 FTRs, 2 TRN and 1 SUB. G can attack SZ7 with 5 FTRs and 1 BMR, odds are 80% for Allied ships left after combat. G’s Med fleet is gone on UK2 and the Baltic fleet won’t last long.

• 1 BB, 1 AC, 2 FTRs, 2 TRN and 1 SUB= 19 def w/tip
    Vs. 1 bat/1des/2subs/4fighters/1bomber = 27atk w/tip

UK loses everything and wastes two turns as planned. Leftovers stay in SZ7 and are joined by the Med fleet. Unless it has to destroy the Americans at 12, which is fine, two more turns for the US wasted.

• Sorry, was that destroyer blocking my fleet or with your fleet?, hard to read your post with 10,000 abrv.

• Anyway if you did intend to block then the planes can take out 80% of your fleet and my North fleet is still solid up at 6 with a loaded carrier and Bship making you waste another turn on enough crap to wipe it out.

• @BigPapaSmurf:

Sorry, was that destroyer blocking my fleet or with your fleet?, hard to read your post with 10,000 abrv.

UK destroyer blocks all of G’s Baltic fleet

• @BigPapaSmurf:

Anyway if you did intend to block then the planes can take out 80% of your fleet and my North fleet is still solid up at 6 with a loaded carrier and Bship making you waste another turn on enough crap to wipe it out.

You’ll lose all of your planes on the attempt and the UK merely has to build more transports and the US can land planes on the UK carrier.

• @Hobbes:

@BigPapaSmurf:

1. On turn two kill any boats which block the path of the two fleets to sea zone 7 with planes and minimal boats. This will allow your fleets to converge at 7 in the non-combat phase. Leaving you with a massive fleet of 2Bats/1Car/2Fight/1des/+1-3 subs, use this fleet and the land planes to waste any transports that are built. It should take the allies three hopefully four turns before they can get rid of your fleet and start buying transport materials.

]

UK turn 1 buys 1 AC and 1 DD, moves the Indian fleet to the Med. UK deploys the AC on SZ 7 (joining the 2 TRNs and the BB) and the DD on SZ6.
    US turn 1 moves 1 ship to SZ 12, if the SUB from SZ8 moved to the Gibraltar attack move the US DD to SZ12. If it moved elsewhere sink it with UK/US planes.
    R turn 2 moves 1 SUB to SZ 7.

Now both G fleets can’t converge on SZ 7 during NCM. The Allied fleet is 1 BB, 1 AC, 2 FTRs, 2 TRN and 1 SUB. G can attack SZ7 with 5 FTRs and 1 BMR, odds are 80% for Allied ships left after combat. G’s Med fleet is gone on UK2 and the Baltic fleet won’t last long.

You prevent the fleet combine but London is in jeopardy unless the Americans sacrifice a transport to reinforce it, or the Soviets can lend a fighter, or if Ukraine was taken R1. The UK will have 2 inf, 1 art, 2 tanks, 1 fighter, 1-2 bombers(I like my bomber going to Caucuses UK1 for instance). The original poster has all planes in range of the UK.

inf, tank, 6 fig, bomber vs 2 inf, 1 art, 1 tank, 1 fighter, 2 bombers is a 66% win for Germany even with the Allies losing bombers first

In situations where the threat to London is minimal, this is a good counter.

• @Fleetwood:

You prevent the fleet combine but London is in jeopardy unless the Americans sacrifice a transport to reinforce it, or the Soviets can lend a fighter, or if Ukraine was taken R1. The UK will have 2 inf, 1 art, 2 tanks, 1 fighter, 1-2 bombers(I like my bomber going to Caucuses UK1 for instance). The original poster has all planes in range of the UK.

inf, tank, 6 fig, bomber vs 2 inf, 1 art, 1 tank, 1 fighter, 2 bombers is a 66% win for Germany even with the Allies losing bombers first

In situations where the threat to London is minimal, this is a good counter.

You are right. But I always take out Ukr on R1 and you only need 2 US ground units to reinforce the UK against any attacks, the other inf and the arm can go to algeria, if G hasn’t reinforced it.

• @BigPapaSmurf:

Ok so I finally found my Axis strategy,

Germany

1. Buy Battleship and Carrier round one, remaining rounds buy all tanks(until they arent needed). Russia may get all the way to Poland before being driven back but thats part of the plan.

2. Save the plane in Germany for the carrier(the rules dont forbid using planes in combat landing them in Germany and then loading them on the built carrier, but I dont allow this)

3. Ampibious assault Gibraltar, with the sub and battleship in tow(and french plane if needed) This prevents planes from the UK from hitting the south fleet on turn one.

4. Re-take Ukraine if nessisary with minimal forces.

5. Land all planes in France.

6. Don’t waste attack material on Russia till you get the tanks in play, just slow their advance down.

7. Leave the North fleet in port, destroy the russian sub with planes if it blocks.

8. On turn two kill any boats which block the path of the two fleets to sea zone 7 with planes and minimal boats. This will allow your fleets to converge at 7 in the non-combat phase. Leaving you with a massive fleet of 2Bats/1Car/2Fight/1des/+1-3 subs, use this fleet and the land planes to waste any transports that are built. It should take the allies three hopefully four turns before they can get rid of your fleet and start buying transport materials.

Japan
    1)Buy two factories, Secure two of the East Asia zones for your factories.

2)Send all Asia Infantry to china with planes. Keep them alive to join the six tanks you are going to send through China each turn. If Germany holds off the transports long enough you should be able to overwhelm Russia on turns 5-6 with the aide of the first German tank waves… Obviously take any factory built in India and if America decides to build all out on the West coast then the Germans will have no trouble keeping Briton out of France.

Sorrry no time to go into more detail.

this is an interesting idea but I have a couple of problems with it.  First off, what is the point? You can stop the allies from accumulating transports at first, but, what is to stop the uk from building an AC and a fighter and having the US land a second fighter on it.  There is absolutely no reason why UK should attack your navy at any point.  My philosophy on naval battles is that after like round 2 they are a really bad idea.  Which naval pieces attack better than they defend? None except for bombers.  If I thought your navy was super formidable I would buy nothing with uk on the first turn and then buy two carriers with planes.  The uk would be more than happy to trade blows on the defense in a naval battle.
    My second problem is the tank purchase.  Buying nothing but tanks will not allow Germany to take Russia even if you started on the first buy.  I have tried many times.  If you had your fighters available there would be a chance, but without fighters there is no chance at all.
    All and all I think this is a pretty good strategy though.  IMO Germany is doomed no matter what against an experienced allies player but this move would seriously throw off the usual ally strategies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m