• Customizer

I was wondering when do you guys typically use your kamikaze attacks.

• never really had  A chance to use them…i really dont like throwing planes away…and its no guarantee of a hit either

• I dont think any plane throwing is necessary. These are just free attacks with a ‘2’ AFAIK.

• Yeah, you don’t lose any aircraft when using a Kamikaze attack. That’s what the little Kamikaze cardboard pieces are for.

• I never use them…

…because I’m never losin as Japan.  ;-)

No, seriously.  My general philosophy is to use them as soon as possible on targets of value, which is always a carrier, or sometimes another ship.  AAP40 is a game of balance.  If you’re close to even but starting to have the tide turn against you.  A few critical free hits may swing it back.  If you wait too long, the difference is not enough to swing an overwhelming wave.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Ah…so you do not lose the aircraft.

Perhaps different strategy then.

Sean

• If you want to make sure the carrier will sink you will need to use all 6 Kamikazes on that same carrier. In that case I think it is more rational to use the Kamikaze on cruisers. Attack a cruiser with two kamikazes and you might sink a 12 IPC unit. Even an 8 IPC destroyer is a better target than a carrier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m