• Has anyone tried a big attack on Hawaii and NSW on J4 along with taking the Phillipans J5. Win in J5 before any allied pruches make a difference.

• Opps, I meant to post this in Pacific 40, not house rules. :| :|
    Can somebody plese move this.

• I have not tried this. and although it sounds plausible, good luck trying to fight off the UK.

I will try to try it in my next game as Japan, it is an interesting strategy, it certianly sounds challenging to pull off correctly.

• The Idea is that you can let thme have 2 turns if 37 but they are not in reach of VCs, you are just aiming to take Hong Kong, Hawaii, and NSW in J4 and Phillipnas in J5. You have a huge navy at carolines, and mabey a carrier and crusier to protect your Phillipnas Navy.

Thanks IL for moving it.

• Played three games

1. As Allies… UK made Japan capital run on turn 3.  Lost by one unit… this was with the incorrect setup…
    2. As Japan…  J3 Attack  had fleet at Carolines attacked Hawaii, Phillipines, a stopper for both the UK and ANZAC island Bonuses, As well as taking Hong Kong.  Used only orignial ground forces on Mainland until turn 4.  Purchases were primarily loaded transports and navy. 
    3.  As Japan tried J2 attack went horrifically wrong.  Did not capture Hawaii and the US Destroyed the Japanese fleet.

IMO  There are three keys…
    Control of the Caroline Islands for the Navy Base
    Control of the Hawaiian Islands for the Airbase
    Control of the Phillipines for staging as you can either go to India or merge for a nice joint landing with Caroline forces on 
              Aussie territory

• @democratic:

The Idea is that you can let thme have 2 turns if 37 but they are not in reach of VCs, you are just aiming to take Hong Kong, Hawaii, and NSW in J4 and Phillipnas in J5. You have a huge navy at carolines, and mabey a carrier and crusier to protect your Phillipnas Navy.

Thanks IL for moving it.

I see what your saying, but if the UK has Malaya and their navy is parked in 37 they are within range of 3 VCs. Plus the UK will likly be producing close too 40 IPCs a turn which is pretty close to what Japan produces with outtaking the east indies. I would also recommend to take guam on J4 and not waiting any later since you dont want the UK to use that for an airbase.

The main challenge is how defend your VCs on turn five from both a UK and US navy while also having invaded australia a turn before.

It is defenently a strategy that should be tried though.

• I have been looking at the NSW attack since I first read about it here.  The J1 attack just looks too risky to me.  If there is no J1 attack, the ANZAC can place a destroyer off New Guinea, which slows any Japanese approach from the Carolines.  Meanwhile, the ANZAC is building a defensive force in Australia.  It looks to me as if taking NSW may be tough because it is hard to buy enough transports as Japanese to intimidate ANZAC on their own turf.

• This relies on in enexperinced allied player.

It need 3 things to go right.

A-The ANZACs need to keep a bulk of their land forces in Quesland.
    B-India needs to keep their navy off Inida for the first 4 turns.
    C-The US carnt scrable their plans off Hawaii, if their are 5 Tacks in Hawaii, a land attack will almost certianally fail.

I spose the other thing that could make it fail is if the UK build a factory in Kwangdong would make that much harder to take, mabey impossible if they build a major in UK2, or move 3 of 4 fighters their

This plan relies on a enexperinced allies player who will not put thier navy on the line and looks at sneaky moves.

I think this plan we be like a J1 attack, works when first used but a good alied player will ruin it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m