Is there a tiny loop hole in Larry's capture the flag (capital) rule.

• Is there a tiny loop hole in Larry’s capture the flag (capital) rule in the global game. There might be when you consider the Anzac minor power is really an extension of the UK.
    Say Germany does a successful sea lion (UK hands over $). Japan takes notice with the understanding that the UK can’t build at its India IC and invades/conquers it. A couple rds later with the help of Russia and the US, the Anzac liberates India. It now has two IC’s. Anzac continues on to recover the Dutch and British Isles from the axis along with parts of Africa. Its income could really start to grow. What happens to the UK’s NO’s if the Anzac meet those requirements. I think they should get them, but I have a feeling they won’t be eligible. Any way this has not been possible before the Anzac. You could have a 3 on 3 game (considering major powers) with London in axis hands. Is this precedence to finally put an end to the capture the flag rule.

• Customizer

I don’t think ANZAC will, or should be, a separate power in Global.  In any case, once Britain is liberated all these territories would revert to UK control.

• On the contrary the Anzac will stay. Their turn may be combined with the UK in the glob game I don’t know. The set up for the glob game will be the same with some minor adjustments. One of those adjustments (from Larry) will be a few Anzac in Africa for the glob game that won’t be there in AA40E only. He posted that a few days ago. The Anzac IMO will be about 1/4 the size of the UK, making it more of a minor power in the glob game. I think the rest of the Commonwealth will be represented too. I think the India IC will stay, but might shrinking to a minor. There will most likely be an AB & NB in Eastern Canada (Quebec) and maybe even a minor IC, controlled by the UK. There could even be some thing in S Africa.

I still feel because the Anzac will be such a minor power (most likely controlled by the UK) that there should be some mechanic to allow them to perform joint attacks. I know that the US took control of most operations in the Pacific, so allowing the Anzac to attack with either the UK or US would be a step in the right direction IMO. Other wise just splitting them off from the UK could be more of a hindrance to the Brits.

• You your self (Flash) have said many times that the US had control of the Pacific Theater and should be allowed joint ventures. W/Anzac it opens up the door to combined attacks, w/o involving two major (overpowering) countries. I still think its a step in the right direction, with some tweaks you could get more of what you want.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m