• hey I’ve made some rules for the japan and russian front non attack rules that i talked about in AaA forum but i want to see what everyone who likes variants think……

1.0 Russia and Japan cannot attack one another on any russian, or japanese occupied territories(to be historical)…

1.1 EXCEPTION: unless either is down to 15 IPC’s or the capital has been attacked (not necessarily captured) by Germany against Russia or America or Britian against Japan…

Has anyone tried this???

does anyone have ideas to add or subtract from this…

• Dude, If Japan cannot advance against Russia to make them fight a two front war. The axis will most assuredly fail. The game is already slanted against them. If you play with that variant, will you have another that will even it out in some way. like Germany cannot be attacked by Russia unless they attack first? I dunno, does’t seem like it would be feasible.

• @tmz70:

Dude, If Japan cannot advance against Russia to make them fight a two front war. The axis will most assuredly fail. The game is already slanted against them. If you play with that variant, will you have another that will even it out in some way. like Germany cannot be attacked by Russia unless they attack first? I dunno, does’t seem like it would be feasible.

Yes there is one variant we played in that regard… the allies cannot enter the baltic unless they control W. Europe therefore defeating there ability to strike E. Europe… I Dunno why it seems like it’s neat but not feasible… in fact in the game I played the axis won… the Russians sunk the Baltic fleet, and missed in destroying Finland-Norway completely(1 Inf. was the only german casualty :-?) by luck and put up a huge defense in Keraila SSR… mabye that’s the reason the axis won, but, I think otherwise… Remember the variant saves Japan 3 Inf. and a Fighter in Manchuria to use on a first turn attack on China, and opens the option :lol: for attacks on India or Ssainking …on T1 if the Hawaii fleet disapears with overwhelming odds from Japan then the Japanese can SOLELY focus on the US because the Russians are not hitting manchuria… Yeah the germans don’t get Japanese support for 1-3 turns and the americans and british most likely are hitting africa and (highly unlikely but possible) W. Europe mercilessly, but hey, if japan is up to 34-38 IPC’s and actually terrizing (or landing) on american shores distracting there attention; Big whoop!!! as long as your wearing down on the Russian Inf. … besides Moscow if just attacked with just one 1 Inf. (no SBR or fighter strafing on the capital allowed) will trigger a japanese assault… :( the russians will be overrun if they don’t defend Novorbisk, Kazakh SSR, Yakut SSR, Soviet Far East + defending against the germans…who could through Persia then Kazakh SSR blitz a single german Tank and hit Moscow, or if germany holds Keraila and survives a counter-attack… the Japanese can even support there German counterparts by hitting the British-American shipping through aircraft attacks by flying (from french indo-china) to Anglo-Egypt for fighters or to S. Europe for the bomber, or better yet Subs through the panama on waiting transports in US SZ when thier there… Germany just needs to buy lots of inf. T1, and tanks T2… viola!!! maybe how I usually strategize both sides is different from yours… dunno to me I can’t see how the axis can lose!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m