December 17, 2017, 04:23:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read all about what's new on the Axis & Allies .org Website Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Poll
Question: Which nations do you typically buy additional tac-bombers besides what is in the initial setup? (Select all that apply.)
Japan
US
UK
ANZAC
I RARELY buy additional tac-bombers
I NEVER buy additional tac-bombers

Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you typically buy additional tac-bombers besides what is in the setup?  (Read 1928 times)
maverick_76
A&A.org Submarine

Eye of the Tiger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 03:48:39 pm »

I have to admit that Tac. Bombers are only bought by me when I know it it will be used offensively. Also remember guys, this same unit will be ultra deadly in AA40E. They also move up to 4 attack when paired with a..............TANK! So Germany and Russia are going to be buying loads of Tac. Bombers I suspect.
WILD BILL
A&A.org Destroyer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 02:29:13 pm »

I still say the T-bmr will prove itself more when the Euro side comes out and for the GL game.

I just don't see a point in a 3/3 unit that becomes a 4/3 for 1 more buck than an always 3/4 unit.  I'd rather just buy an extra sub at some point for the bit more punch if I need it, or on ground a strat bomber for the range, or an art if range isn't an issue.

Comparing a T-bmr to a S-bmr is like comparing apples to oranges (they are both fruits, but different non the less). Both will give you that coveted 4 on attack (granted w/strings attached). S-bmr gives you +2 in range (very helpful in certain circumstances). It will depend on your strats for the game, and what power you are playing.
For the axis who normally attack very aggressively in the beginning of the game, that 4 (on attack) will be an awesome tool. Then later if your in a more def role the t-bmr (3) will come in much more handy then the S-bmr (1) for def purposes. I know your going to say you should have bought Ftrs instead, but you wouldn't have the 4 on attack.
The new air line up will blend to the game very well IMO. Each of the units will prove there value through its unique contributions. Looking at what ��� got as far as air power, Germany may not need to buy many air units as long as it isn't careless with them. If Germany is forced to attack UK/US ships with its air units (very common) having another unit (4) will come in very handy.

As far as the UK/US/���, S-bmrs can't def your carriers or scramble. The range comes in handy though, so again each unit has its role.
thenorthman
A&A.org Mechanized Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 03:26:28 am »

I still say the T-bmr will prove itself more when the Euro side comes out and for the GL game.

I just don't see a point in a 3/3 unit that becomes a 4/3 for 1 more buck than an always 3/4 unit.  I'd rather just buy an extra sub at some point for the bit more punch if I need it, or on ground a strat bomber for the range, or an art if range isn't an issue.

Comparing a T-bmr to a S-bmr is like comparing apples to oranges (they are both fruits, but different non the less). Both will give you that coveted 4 on attack (granted w/strings attached). S-bmr gives you +2 in range (very helpful in certain circumstances). It will depend on your strats for the game, and what power you are playing.
For the axis who normally attack very aggressively in the beginning of the game, that 4 (on attack) will be an awesome tool. Then later if your in a more def role the t-bmr (3) will come in much more handy then the S-bmr (1) for def purposes. I know your going to say you should have bought Ftrs instead, but you wouldn't have the 4 on attack.
The new air line up will blend to the game very well IMO. Each of the units will prove there value through its unique contributions. Looking at what ��� got as far as air power, Germany may not need to buy many air units as long as it isn't careless with them. If Germany is forced to attack UK/US ships with its air units (very common) having another unit (4) will come in very handy.

As far as the UK/US/���, S-bmrs can't def your carriers or scramble. The range comes in handy though, so again each unit has its role.

Good point.
Veqryn
A&A.org Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 09:48:35 am »

i think more people would buy tac-bombers if it didn't need another unit with it to have that 4 attack
i always thought it should just be a plain 4/3/4/11 unit, no conditions
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming