• Ran into a rules questions tonight. If Japan manages to take the Western US, how many IPCs do they get? Does the US wartime economy apply to an enemy occupation? If anyone is wondering it happened when the US was pre-occupied with trying to take back the Philippines while Japan had a decent submarine blockade preventing any ships to return in time.

• The +40 IPCs is a NO.  Japan does not get to enjoy a US NO.  Japan would only get the 10 IPCs each turn.  I doubt it will come in a game though.  If Japan ever got close to the US, the US can buy 16 infantry with 50 IPCs.

• I don’t agree with dinosaur: the rule says that the US production increase to 50 from 10 when US are at war. If Japan attacks US this will occur immediately, so the production of the territory increases from 10 to 50 and Japan, if taking the territory, gets the increased production…

• But it is written under the NO section of the rulebook…

And if you take the US west coast, isn’t the war won anyway? The fact that you gained 60 IPC as loot and the US lost that, plus they can’t produce there, even if they retake it, gives you such an advantage that you can easily take on Asia mainland.

• Official Q&A

Dinosaur and Tavenier are correct.  The IPCs come from a US NO, so only the US would get them.

• @dinosaur:

The +40 IPCs is a NO.  Japan does not get to enjoy a US NO.  Japan would only get the 10 IPCs each turn.  I doubt it will come in a game though.  If Japan ever got close to the US, the US can buy 16 infantry with 50 IPCs.

Pretty sure the factory in the US limits production to 10.  You’ll never be able to place 16 infantry there.

• i will admit…if Japan takes Western US…Japan basically wins the game…they will get all the IPCs that the USA has at that time which will be at least 50…and i doubt the US would be able to get back in the game…and meanwhile…the UK and ANZACs would be crying if the US fell anyway…

• or meanwhile, if you used all your forces to take out the Western US then ANZAC and UK, and not to mention China, would have by then become intercontinental Juggernaughts of Industrial Production.

• I would think it would happen so rarely that its not worth worrying over, but, you have never been able to benefit from another nations national objectives, so you would not get the bonus 40.

• I agree that it would happen so rarely its not really worth worrying about the consequences. I doubt the guy who was playing the US will ever let that happen again. Thanks for helping to point out the NO rule on the IPCs though. Didn’t even think about that aspect of it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m