• if UK or ANZAC moves troops to a dutch tt, do they(UK or ANZAC) take the income?  or does jap have to take it first, then allies take it?

• yeah, allies take it
    if japan takes it, it’s war. If UK does so, it’s not

• en waar blijven onze eigen oranje mannetjes dan?  :?

• Customizer

The NEI really should have a couple of destroyers and a few infantry to defend itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Java_Sea

• I’m not sure the UK, US or ANZAC should get the Dutch income by just landing troops there.  Or at least it should cause a declaration of war against Japan.

It seems like awarding the IPCs to the “Allied” powers without much effort on their part significantly skews the outcome given the IPCs awarded.  I could live with it if the rule was that they only get the income if they take the Dutch territories back after Japan has first taken the island(s).

• @brazcons:

I’m not sure the UK, US or ANZAC should get the Dutch income by just landing troops there.  Or at least it should cause a declaration of war against Japan.

It seems like awarding the IPCs to the “Allied” powers without much effort on their part significantly skews the outcome given the IPCs awarded.  I could live with it if the rule was that they only get the income if they take the Dutch territories back after Japan has first taken the island(s).

I’m pretty sure when i read the rules is said if “re-captured” from Japan, which is not the same as just moving into it as an allied power. Meaning, if Japan can not hold those spots, then they are stupid for taking them over……you just made your enemy stronger!

• @brazcons:

I’m not sure the UK, US or ANZAC should get the Dutch income by just landing troops there.  Or at least it should cause a declaration of war against Japan.

It seems like awarding the IPCs to the “Allied” powers without much effort on their part significantly skews the outcome given the IPCs awarded.  I could live with it if the rule was that they only get the income if they take the Dutch territories back after Japan has first taken the island(s).

thats what i thought it should be.

• If the U.K. had to liberate Dutch islands them from Japan to collect the income, they would probably never collect income on the Dutch islands.

• The Dutch government is in exile, the british are merely reaching out to their european comrades, and thus can collect the Dutch IPCs if they occupy these islands.

Having japan have to take them first makes no sense

and if they started in allied hands, what would UK do for its first 3 turns……ummm…build infantry some more?  :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m