• While looking through BGG i found some guy who said WOTC is going to send hime extra pieces :-o? Is this possible? has anyone even tried? here is the link

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/477130/42-aa-will-pieces-work-with-aap-1940

• @molinar13:

While looking through BGG i found some guy who said WOTC is going to send hime extra pieces :-o? Is this possible? has anyone even tried? here is the link

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/477130/42-aa-will-pieces-work-with-aap-1940

I sent them an email about the battle strip and they will send one in February. I asked for extra tac bombers and WotC said that they do not have pieces available for sale. Seems like they provide just enough for set up if you use the chips. There should be extras for 1st and 2nd round purchases imo.

• I know it wiered. I mean was the guy on BGG lying about it or what? Maybe it just depends on who you get on the other line?

• I just sent WotC another email explaining that I would like enough pieces to set up the game with the option of being able to purchase any piece in the first couple of rounds and for the price that I paid for this game I do not believe that it is an unreasonable request. I also told them that I understand using the cardboard pieces and choosing a battle strip instead of the battle board, and not providing IPCs to cut down on costs but there should be enough pieces provided. Can’t wait for their response.

• Well Skinny when you get a response can you post it here, I want to hear what they say.

• HOT TIP- buy another copy while the prices are decent- you’ll regret it if you don’t- that’s why I bought 2 P40s and 2 AA50s- because I know I can’t control the chimps at WOTC

• That’s true. Still, it would be nice if they could at least send you a couple extra pieces. Heck probably wouldn’t even cost them 5 cents. I would even pay for the shipping and handling.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Here’s my email to them:

"Hello again,

I purchased Pacific 1940 a few days ago and understand I need to register here to receive the corrected charts for the game. Is there anyway to also get corrected box tops for the new setup info? And, like everyone else, I will ask for a few extra Japanese Tactical bombers as well.

Thank you for your help."

• Here is the email I just sent to WOTC:

"Hello,

The copy of Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 I purchased has several components with errors. The battlestrip included appears to be for a different version of Axis and Allies, and I found out that the set-up information on the United States and ANZAC boxes is wrong. I was wondering how I could get a correct battlestrip and boxes. Also, would it be possible for me to get more Japanese tactical bomber pieces, as there are not enough pieces for me to move the existing ones apart or buy more?

Thank you"

I wonder how many people have to ask for more tac bombers before WOTC gives in?

• Im not sure if they even care but it’s worth trying. When you get your response, if you want, please post them here.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

I just emailed them as well.

While I do not like the card board components I can also live with them.

I do not mind the no money either.

But to have incorrect information on the set up boards and battle strip is just crazy.  Poor quality control.

Sean

• Hello…i’m the guy who said that WOTC was going to send me extra pieces…i asked for six more tac bombers and mech inf for the Japanese and US only… as well as the new battlestrip…now they havent sent me anything yet…but when they do…i will post to the forum…

of course…i will keep on them until they do send me what they said they would…

• @skinny1:

I just sent WotC another email explaining that I would like enough pieces to set up the game with the option of being able to purchase any piece in the first couple of rounds and for the price that I paid for this game I do not believe that it is an unreasonable request. I also told them that I understand using the cardboard pieces and choosing a battle strip instead of the battle board, and not providing IPCs to cut down on costs but there should be enough pieces provided. Can’t wait for their response.

Here is the response that I received:

How many tactical bombers did you receive? When we played the game ourselves, there seemed to be enough to play with. You do have to use the gray chips whenever you have more than one on a territory, but that’s the way Axis and Allies has always been, there’s no change in that respect.

Here is my response:

I received 6 tactical bombers for Japan. The problem is that I can’t split the tac bombers in Japan or Manchuria because there are no additional tac bombers to use. I can’t move the 2 in Manchuria to separate locations because 1 tac bomber with a chip under it. Same for the 4 in Japan. There should be more tac bombers included for these types of scenarios. A few more tactical bombers for Japan would be great.

Also, since the rules errata was released, will there be updated rule books going out and new set up boxes for the United States and ANZAC?

Thanks,

I really can’t wait for the next response. Everyone should flood their customer service inbox with these requests. There is strength in numbers. Here is the email address:

wizardscusthelp@wizards.com

• TripleA '12

Good work skinny1.  :-) And thanks for the email address. I think I will send them an email of a similar nature, and I don’t even have the game yet! We must bombard them with requests/concerns/complaints; maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel!

• I just sent the same e-mail already sent by Blutcher to the e-mail address reported by skinny1.

• Awesome, thanks. I’m definitely emailing them.

Good work!

I’m betting we can actually make this happen! They already regard this forum as one of their biggest fan bases for A&A (link on their site). IF enough of us complain and are adamant about it, they may eventually concede.

I haven’t been over to Larry’s site lately - is there anyone who’s asked him how many TB he used to play the game? Krieg, did you guys only use 6 TBs? And what about the global game? We will get X2 of all US and UK units but only X1 of everyone else. A bit strange if you ask me…

• I’ve been coming here and lurking for a little while now.  This is the site where I first learned of both P40 and E40 and was excited about being able to expand the A&A experience for myself.  With the problems I’ve heard of with this printing of the game I think I’ll wait and see if they fix things in the second printing.

I myself don’t have a problem with using the markers as I find the regular game board can get quite overcrowded and I can understand the need for cost cutting, they are after all running a business and need to make a profit.  Misprints for setup, stats, the wrong battle strip plus the problem of not having enough pieces for splitting your forces or trying different tactics isn’t cost cutting but poor quality.  That is not good business and also hurts their profit.  Win my money back WOTC!

Here’s my email to them:
    @Variable:

"Hello again,

I purchased Pacific 1940 a few days ago and understand I need to register here to receive the corrected charts for the game. Is there anyway to also get corrected box tops for the new setup info? And, like everyone else, I will ask for a few extra Japanese Tactical bombers as well.

Thank you for your help."

…and here is their response. This is NOT A JOKE. I have not altered the message at all. I think this shows where the communication beakdown occurs between us and WOTC:

Hello,

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted and the Japanese Bombers. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the correct information is the provided in both the rule-book and the game board itself.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
    We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Jamie
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast
    1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
    425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
    Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm PST / 1pm-7pm EST

Now, did they just ADMIT there is an issue with the number of Tac Bombers?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

I got the same message and gave them my address.  We will see what happens.

Sean

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m