• When China conquers a new territory, can they mobilize new units in the newly conquered territory?

• Yes, as long as it is a Chinese territory that has been recaptured.

• Thanks!

• The China Rules page 9 says: each new unit can be mobilized on any chines territory, including those captured in the current turn.

I guess they dont call it “Special rules” for no reason.

• Does China purchase units at the beginning of the turn just like other powers or can they decide on their purchases at the end of their turn?

Reason I ask is I don’t see how Japan would let the Burma Road remain open for even one round.

• '19

same as all the other powers, at the beginning of their turn.

Keeping the burma road closed is certainly a top priority for Japan as the NO is bad enough but artillery makes it worse.

• Its been tough for Japan to keep the Burma rd closed off and on (in my short experience). You can attack and close it rd #1 but they counter to re open. Japan has a lot of ground in Asia, but it takes a little while to get them organized. China gets hordes of inf/art (great for the game) Japan has to take them seriously, and use its air power.

• In my three games so far China was never able to buy any art. And that is with different styles of play (attacking immediatly, waiting one round, waiting three rounds).

• Quick question on China,

Can the UK move into China to help support China, and other allies do the same, or MUST everyone keep out of China except Japan…?

Thanks, Bravehart

• @Bravehart:

Quick question on China,

Can the UK move into China to help support China, and other allies do the same, or MUST everyone keep out of China except Japan…?

Thanks, Bravehart

If the UK moves to support China (putting troops in their territories) it’s considered an act of war. That means Japan can freely attack the UK and ANZAC without fear of reprisal from the US.

• So for the UK to get Hong Kong back and to possibily support the americans when they attack tokyo in the future moves, ( presantly Japan has hong kong, french indo french, kwangsi and siam on that coastal area), the uk has to either:

a) use transporters to goto Hong Kong, or

b) go via french indo china to attack through kwangsi.

Can the allies re take Siam…? Or is that why in sence the Uk can avoid going through Siam cos how the map is created. Surly the UK would want to get an extra 2 ipc’s from Japan…?

It’s not wrong for japan and uk to comit to war is it, cos China will need support eventualy to prevent Japan getting through to Burma road. Understand the pollitical rules, but really, does it matter taking concequences and chances…!!!

Just chasing options, as I am trying out possibilities before we all play as a group!

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Once they are at war though they can freely move into China right?

Sean

• I thought so thenorthman, you can’t not help out to strengthen your weaker allie, so unless someone states you CAN’T do that, I will play you can, as in UK support China by entering China territories…in real war, would you really do this ( not support another friedly allie )…??

Japan is up against China, UK, US an ANZAC, what’s the politics…??!

BH

• @thenorthman:

Once they are at war though they can freely move into China right?

Sean

The UK/Anzac can freely move between each others territories as well as attack Japanese territories or into Chinese territories.  IF the UK/Anzac move into China (or obviously directly attack a japanese territory) BEFORE Japan has attacked the UK or Anzac, Japan can freely attack UK/Anzac forces from that point on and the US will not declare war (until the end of round 3).  This reflects semi-historical fact, in that the USA was loathe to go back to war again after WW1 and was willing to let the world sort itself out (to an extent).

Further, IF the UK/ANZAC does attack Japan, the US cannot reinforce any UK/ANZAC positions and does not participate in naval battles in the same seazone as UK/ANZAC forces if Japan chose to attack those english hooligans.  The US cannot send any troops or planes to any “friendly” territory until at war as they are neutral until provoked (or end of US3).  If the UK/ANZAC provokes a war, Japan can freely smack the dickens out of UK/Anzac without fear of the US ramping up.  So it’s a question of whether the UK can afford to face Japan alone (until US4 or Japan pokes the sleeping giant).

Once at war you can move into any friendly territory you like, so Britain and Anzac can move into China to their hearts content.

• I do follow history and playing games based on history too helps fiction to facts! I haven’t heard a better explanation about the Political page in the rules than from your comment Kcdzim!

Just for you to finish up then, can you answer the reasoning of who takes the Dutch/French islands/land first related to who attacks first…?

I see it as it’s open territories for any nation to take:

if UK takes Sumatra and Java, us takes Celebes, Japan takes Dutch New Guinea and French Indo China at the beginning rounds where no battle has taken place by anyone:

UK gets 8 extra ipc’s, us 3 ipc’s, Japan 2 ipc’s.

So what is the big deal about Dutch New Guinea, is it a concearn who gets it first…having no ipc value even tho you can build air/navy…( Indus unit as well…? ) on any island reguardless once owned.

This could change the game for me explaining to rules to new players, and others reading!

Thanks, Bravehart.

• @Bravehart:

I do follow history and playing games based on history too helps fiction to facts! I haven’t heard a better explanation about the Political page in the rules than from your comment Kcdzim!

Just for you to finish up then, can you answer the reasoning of who takes the Dutch/French islands/land first related to who attacks first…?

if UK takes Sumatra and Java, us takes Celebes, Japan takes Dutch New Guinea and French Indo China at the beginning rounds where no battle has taken place by anyone:

So what is the big deal about Dutch New Guinea, is it a concearn who gets it first…having no ipc value even tho you can build air/navy…( Indus unit as well…? ) on any island reguardless once owned.

This could change the game for me explaining to rules to new players, and others reading!

Thanks, Bravehart.

The Dutch countries can only be taken by UK/ANZAC as non-combat movements. The US is completely barred from them. If Japan takes them, it is an act of war and everyone activates. The exception is if the islands are being liberated, in which case anyone in the war can take them.

As for building Industrial complexes, you cannot build ICs on islands (Japan is the only exception) and you cannot build an IC on a territory with less than an IPC of 2.

• EvilGG

I will chase up answers with Lord Morfo topic on the same subject I am refering to, not to distract this topic on China…even though topics get mish-mashed with other idea’s…! Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

@EvilGardenGnome:

@Bravehart:

I do follow history and playing games based on history too helps fiction to facts! I haven’t heard a better explanation about the Political page in the rules than from your comment Kcdzim!

Thanks, Bravehart.

The Dutch countries can only be taken by UK/ANZAC as non-combat movements. The US is completely barred from them. If Japan takes them, it is an act of war and everyone activates. The exception is if the islands are being liberated, in which case anyone in the war can take them.

As for building Industrial complexes, you cannot build ICs on islands (Japan is the only exception) and you cannot build an IC on a territory with less than an IPC of 2.

Wow were was this at?  I didn’t know the US was barred from taking these territories.  Where is this information you get this from?

Sean

OK found it.  Kreighound mentioned in the DEI thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m