December 17, 2017, 04:03:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want a t-shirt? Check out our awesome Axis & Allies .org T-Shirt Store! Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: China  (Read 1935 times)
EvilGardenGnome
A&A.org Mechanized Infantry

Vae victis!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 07:18:16 am »

I do follow history and playing games based on history too helps fiction to facts! I haven't heard a better explanation about the Political page in the rules than from your comment Kcdzim!

Just for you to finish up then, can you answer the reasoning of who takes the Dutch/French islands/land first related to who attacks first..?

I see it as it's open territories for any nation to take:

if UK takes Sumatra and Java, us takes Celebes, Japan takes Dutch New Guinea and French Indo China at the beginning rounds where no battle has taken place by anyone:

UK gets 8 extra ipc's, us 3 ipc's, Japan 2 ipc's.

So what is the big deal about Dutch New Guinea, is it a concearn who gets it first..having no ipc value even tho you can build air/navy...( Indus unit as well..? ) on any island reguardless once owned.

This could change the game for me explaining to rules to new players, and others reading!

Thanks, Bravehart.

The Dutch countries can only be taken by UK/ANZAC as non-combat movements. The US is completely barred from them. If Japan takes them, it is an act of war and everyone activates. The exception is if the islands are being liberated, in which case anyone in the war can take them.

As for building Industrial complexes, you cannot build ICs on islands (Japan is the only exception) and you cannot build an IC on a territory with less than an IPC of 2.
Bravehart
A&A.org Artillery

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 07:28:50 am »

EvilGG

I will chase up answers with Lord Morfo topic on the same subject I am refering to, not to distract this topic on China..even though topics get mish-mashed with other idea's..! Thanks for your input, much appreciated!
thenorthman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 01:36:03 pm »

I do follow history and playing games based on history too helps fiction to facts! I haven't heard a better explanation about the Political page in the rules than from your comment Kcdzim!

Just for you to finish up then, can you answer the reasoning of who takes the Dutch/French islands/land first related to who attacks first..?

I see it as it's open territories for any nation to take:

if UK takes Sumatra and Java, us takes Celebes, Japan takes Dutch New Guinea and French Indo China at the beginning rounds where no battle has taken place by anyone:

UK gets 8 extra ipc's, us 3 ipc's, Japan 2 ipc's.

So what is the big deal about Dutch New Guinea, is it a concearn who gets it first..having no ipc value even tho you can build air/navy...( Indus unit as well..? ) on any island reguardless once owned.

This could change the game for me explaining to rules to new players, and others reading!

Thanks, Bravehart.

The Dutch countries can only be taken by UK/ANZAC as non-combat movements. The US is completely barred from them. If Japan takes them, it is an act of war and everyone activates. The exception is if the islands are being liberated, in which case anyone in the war can take them.

As for building Industrial complexes, you cannot build ICs on islands (Japan is the only exception) and you cannot build an IC on a territory with less than an IPC of 2.

Wow were was this at?  I didn't know the US was barred from taking these territories.  Where is this information you get this from?

Sean
thenorthman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 01:43:11 pm »

OK found it.  Kreighound mentioned in the DEI thread.
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming