• i have a cunning plan actually…
    what if japan starts the war in 1940…
    you take out british battleship: you have paralyzed the defence of the east indies
    you take out phillipines: byebye bomber, bonus of 5 for US
    you take out kwantung with land army: byebye bonus of 5 for UK
    and i saw something that carolines can reach java or celebes, but can’t tell that in detail now.

bad sides are: you have crappy position in china (just advance in north)
    US gets + 33 (-7 from philipines)
    you have a small lack of ground forces

positif: you take out british navy: this weakens them severely
    you gain allot more money than you would normally

what’s everybodys opinions and ideas?

• The real question though is : What happens next when usa gets her boost? Will you be spending MOST of you ressources into a naval war? Or will you be able to continue ground pushes (and taking advantage of those weakened UK)?

Robert

• you put huge IC in kwantung second round.
    US stays small, they only get 17 IPC at start.
    but indeed, you must be quick with japan, so 3 transports buy at start and start moving south to east-indies.

• '19

assuming you are talkin about J1, I think Japan needs a turn or two to significantly injure china and get its navy in position to take the Dutch East Indies and protect carolines from the US.  If Japan attacks J1 I think it really puts them in a poor position and most of those goals are still achievable on J3.

• At first I thought attacking Phil might be a good move rd #1 so you can kill the US ftr & bmr. It’s now my understanding that if you leave Phil alone those US air units can’t seek refuge in Anzac or UK tt. They can’t get far (Guam or bmr to Wake) so you could delay hitting the US until rd#2 and still get them. This would also delay the US from it’s extra $40 one more turn.

• rd 2 might be better…we will see

• just like in real life
    that’s what i like in this game: you’ll have same discussions of 1940 as in reality

i have read a book about it, some were pro war 1940, some 1941, some pro war China, some pro war USSR

each case: it has its advantages, but disadvantages.
    only depends if there are more pro’s than con’s

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m