Money and additional chips in Europe, I hope

• I hope they put money and additional chips in the Europe game.
    This will give us an additional reason for buying the AAE40 game.
    Because that will give us money for the whole game and enough chips.
    If they don’t do so, this game is far too much money for value!

At boardgamegeek.com there’s also a topic about the relatively poor quality of the game.
    AH has to do something. AAE40 has to be much better!!

• TripleA '12

Yep, I had a good read through this thread at the BGG forum. Especially interesting for us English customers:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/473377/appalled-at-the-production-values-total-rip-off/page/1

• Most people in that thread seem to be disagreeing with the original posters’ criticism. But when they say things like, “Hey, it cost me $65, sure, it’s got one or two little components missing, but that’s not too bad” or, “$90 is expensive, it would’ve been nice to get everything in the box.” They are maybe missing the point that £75 is $120! I wonder if the $65 brigade would be so cheerful if they had to pay $120? For the price that they’re paying, I could buy Pacific 1940 and regular Pacific, and still come out with change from $120! No wonder they aren’t complaining!

I simply don’t understand why it’s come over here so expensive  :? Anniversary didn’t; none of the others did. There seems to be a major price discrepancy for the UK, and since that discrepancy is everywhere it can’t just be put down to retailers being greedy. If it’s going for $65-$80 in the US, then it should be going for £35-£50 in the UK - even with a mark-up. What the frig is going on?  :? :x :?

• Mess up in exchange rate math with the MSRP would be my guess.  Still odd that it is more expensive than aa50 though, very odd indeed.

• TripleA '12

Army of Northern Virginia, I feel your pain.

I am working day and night for a solution. Keep your eyes and ears peeled, my good man!  :-)

• I’m not worried about game components. I also own A&A Europe, Pacific, Revised, and A&A50. I keep all the game boards and components mixed together in one big pool for ease of storage and transportation rather than keeping them all separate and in their respective boxes. I have more units and chips than I could ever use in a million years and I’m sure this is true of 95% of all the people who are on this site, so it’s no big deal. If you own more than one version of A&A, regardless of which ones they are, you have enough pieces for anything. If you own as many as I do (5 games) then you even have enough to never use chips and go 1 for 1 representing each unit with its own piece.

I’m not trying to brag, but I’m just saying, if you like A&A enough to be on this site and to buy the new version, then you most likely have more chips and money lying around so you don’t need to worry about being shorted in AAP1940.

• I might already have enough pieces, but that doesn’t mean I want to be ripped off.

(Rank = 75)

• That doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t put enough peaces in the box!!
    It should be possible to play every game on it’s own.
    I have A&A42, but also in this version no money and enough chips are added.

• So from what I gather there are not enough units and chips for the game to be set up, or not enough because of purchasing choices? If the latter is the case then that has always been a little bit of a problem, but the former is unacceptable. I have yet to set mine up because I haven’t had the time, but if I find pieces missing to where I can’t completely set up the game initially, then I will be sending letters and e-mails jumping down WOTC’s throat that I want at least the minimum amount of pieces to initially set the game up. As for the higher prices in UK, that is a shame. I do know that MSRP here in the states is about 89.99, but it seems that no one is actually charging that much. Maybe UK stores were forced to buy closer to MSRP so that they had to charge the equivalent in pounds, IDK. It does suck though.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

If it’s cheaper in the States after exchange rate and shipping then just buy it in the states and have it shipped.

If it’s not cheaper after exchange rate and shipping then you have your answer for why it’s more expensive in the UK.

As for the game setup:

There are enough peices to set up the game. However, you use all of the included tac bombers and must use chips to represent many.

I agree, its a pain and perhpas worth writing a letter for. But it doesnt make the game unplayable by any strech of the imagination….

• C’mon guys, plastic is expensive. It would have cost WOTC somewhere near a dollar to double the pieces and they are only selling the game for $90.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m