• It’s worth asking: Even though WotC have not specified that this game - unlike Anniversary - will be a limited edition release (I’ll believe the reprint when I see it). Do we (you) think that the game will be one of those out-of-print-in-three-months games? Or do we have something concrete that says the Pacific/Europe games will be out for a considerable time, and when first prints are sold out they will print make more?

• It’s not limited edition. Too many cheap tricks and a lower price point put it out of question. If it was limited they would make it cost more and include some better quality player aids and dice which are exactly like AA42.

i am 101% that it is not limited

• Well you sound pretty darn certain, and that’s good enough for me!

What’s different between the die in the games? How are they better/worse?

• The dice from AA50 was red with white spots, and black with white spots, and round corners.
    They were handsome.

The dice from AA42 are red with black spots, and black with red spots, and that makes them ugly to look at.
    They look almost as ugly as I do, he he

• both the same AA42 and AA40, same battleboard.

Only difference is cardboard for Factories and AA guns in AAP40 and plastic in AA42.

AAP40 is the replacement for AAP because that game is sold out and sold well. Of course they made changes to justify the greater cost.

Withe each new game they build upon the previous game concepts and unit inventory. Looks like 2 new units with each new game and thats about what they can justify financially each time.

• I think I may end up raiding the old versions for the ‘plastic’.

Is FMG going to start doing some booster kits for A&A? I seem to recall reading that somewhere.

Their dice are nice, but every time they update them WotC release a new A&A with a new power! Still… maybe for the merged game they might be the way to go.

• @Army:

I think I may end up raiding the old versions for the ‘plastic’.

Is FMG going to start doing some booster kits for A&A? I seem to recall reading that somewhere.

Their dice are nice, but every time they update them WotC release a new A&A with a new power! Still… maybe for the merged game they might be the way to go.

Go to the A&A Variants Forum

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Imperious:

both the same AA42 and AA40, same battleboard.

In fact, they didnt even update the battleSTRIP to add in Tac bombers and Mech infantry.

:cry:

I plan to completely boycott the battlestrip in protest! Who’s with me!?

• And Aircraft carrier still attack on 1 on the battle strip…

• See now, I know that we’re all over the moon at the revision and that were going to explode when the Europe game comes out and we can merge them… but it’s the lack of these little details that can mar perfection.

Here’s a hope: they include paper money AA guns and IC’s in the Europe game, which would make the lack of them in Pacific moot. They put in better dice and a fixed Battleboard, and they fix any other little inconsistencies… and they do it all while giving us a great map and terrific well-tested rules!

I don’t expect much, do I?

• @Army:

See now, I know that we’re all over the moon at the revision and that were going to explode when the Europe game comes out and we can merge them… but it’s the lack of these little details that can mar perfection.

Here’s a hope: they include paper money AA guns and IC’s in the Europe game, which would make the lack of them in Pacific moot. They put in better dice and a fixed Battleboard, and they fix any other little inconsistencies… and they do it all while giving us a great map and terrific well-tested rules!

I don’t expect much, do I?

Expect or hope? I don’t  think that this game is a limited edition. When AA50 came out they said it was limited.

• Expect or hope? I don’t  think that this game is a limited edition. When AA50 came out they said it was limited.

‘Hope’ I guess. I think they’ll be tight with Europe too. Still, at least it’s not limited.

• @Army:

Expect or hope? I don’t  think that this game is a limited edition. When AA50 came out they said it was limited.

‘Hope’ I guess. I think they’ll be tight with Europe too. Still, at least it’s not limited.

I think FMG will pick up the slack for WOTC

• TripleA '12

No Tac Bombers or Mech Infantry on the new battle board/strip? And Aircraft Carriers still showing as Attack at 1 :? Strewth. Guess I will have to make my own.

When AA42 came out, I didn’t use the battle strip thing - I just made a colour copy of the AA50 battle board and it worked fine… I will have to make an alteration this now, I think.

• @Lozmoid:

No Tac Bombers or Mech Infantry on the new battle board/strip? And Aircraft Carriers still showing as Attack at 1 :? Strewth. Guess I will have to make my own.

When AA42 came out, I didn’t use the battle strip thing - I just made a colour copy of the AA50 battle board and it worked fine… I will have to make an alteration this now, I think.

Post it when you do, please.

• TripleA '12

I sure will do Brain Damaged but I’m entirely sure how to do it just yet. It will be excellent quality though, I assure you!  :-)

• @Lozmoid:

I sure will do Brain Damaged but I’m entirely sure how to do it just yet. It will be excellent quality though, I assure you!  :-)

I am sure it will be better than the one WOTC provided.

• TripleA '12

Just give me that chance!  :lol:

As soon as I obtain my copy I will get to work on the modifications, and then pin 'em up here soon.

P.S. Can we please have an official clarification as to whether AAP40 is a Limited Edition, as two of the local game shops I’ve spoken to seem to believe that it is?

Would be ever so grateful for a reply here. Thank you.

• My local game shop said that this will be a limited edition game also.

• I was thinking of getting both games when AAE40 comes out. Business wise it would not make sense to not still be printing AAP40 just as AAE40 comes out. But who knows?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m