• Founder TripleA Admin

I think at this point we only have one expert on the rules of the game, Krieghund, but I already have some questions so I’m going to start posting them as I have them.

• Founder TripleA Admin

1. China cannot attack Mongolia because it does not have a National China marker on the territory. Correct?

2. Japan, UK, ANZAC, and USA can, however attack Mongolia. Correct?

3. China can deploy units on any territory with the China marker and they control. Is there a limit on the number of units per territory? Deployment includes both infantry and artillery?

• Official Q&A

@djensen:

1. China cannot attack Mongolia because it does not have a National China marker on the territory. Correct?

Correct.

@djensen:

2. Japan, UK, ANZAC, and USA can, however attack Mongolia. Correct?

Correct.

@djensen:

3. China can deploy units on any territory with the China marker and they control. Is there a limit on the number of units per territory?

There is no limit.

@djensen:

Deployment includes both infantry and artillery?

Yes, but artillery may only be purchased when the Burma Road is completely under Allied control.

• Since damage chips have been removed from the game (didnt see them in the box)……
    how is strategic bombing handled?
    how do you denote a carrier is “damaged”?

• @oztea:

Since damage chips have been removed from the game (didnt see them in the box)……
    how is strategic bombing handled?
    how do you denote a carrier is “damaged”?

Probably tilt it on its side.

• cariers dont tilt onto their sides very well….thats why I use damage chips for my house rules
    and while on thier sides they cant hold planes…

and dont say they cant hold planes when damaged…we dont know for sure how this works yet

EX: Japanese sub attacks US carrier with two planes
    hits…damages, then the carrier returns fire and kills the sub
    do the planes die? or can they “not land or take off” so they are stuck
    do the planes have to move to a friendly base? or do they die if they are in a seazone with no island?

in essance, please explain…
    1. Two hit units
    2. Reparing carriers and battleships
    3. planes and damaged carriers
    3. ammount of Tac-bombers allowed on carriers

• Maybe they should drill a hole in the top like in the game battleship and you could mark one hit with a red peg.

• larry isnt a fan of adding more plastic pieces….like red pegs

• Founder TripleA Admin

I imagine that a lot of these rules will be explained upon reading I have not finished reading the rule book. I got as far as China specific rules.

@oztea:

cariers dont tilt onto their sides very well….thats why I use damage chips for my house rules
    and while on thier sides they cant hold planes…

and dont say they cant hold planes when damaged…we dont know for sure how this works yet

EX: Japanese sub attacks US carrier with two planes
    hits…damages, then the carrier returns fire and kills the sub
    do the planes die? or can they “not land or take off” so they are stuck
    do the planes have to move to a friendly base? or do they die if they are in a seazone with no island?

in essance, please explain…
    1. Two hit units

• in essance, please explain……
    1. Two hit units

These are explained in the fact sheet:

both CV and BB take 2 hits
    if they get a hit they do not automatically repair till they enter port ( repair is free)
    Planes cannot land on damaged carriers
    2 planes of any type can land on CV ( you can mix of match them as long as they aren’t bombers)

now somebody will tell you the same.

• “enter port” my assumption is that that just means a seazone adjacent to a territory with a port…simple, but lame.

but planes can take off from damaged carriers? they just cant land…and can stay on and fight if its damaged?

I know whats in your summary IL, im asking whats in the rulebook…which unless you can bend space time im assuming you dont have yet. This thread is for 100% fact, not “fact/rumor summary”

• This thread is for 100% fact, not "fact/rumor summary

The thread i mentioned is straight from larry. Posts are inventoried by the date he said it. I assume he was not lying about his games.

Sorry to bust the bubble sir.

• oh noes you burst the bubble!

• I guess that some people won’t believe any of the Larry said stuff until they actually see it in the official rule book. It’s too bad that those chimps didn’t release a copy of the rule book.

• From the fact sheet:

Damaged carrier’s can’t land or launch aircraft when in a damaged state…

This is how I interpret it: If a carrier is damged in a battle where the fighters don’t participate, for example it is attacked by subs and the carrier is damaged with the fighters on-board, then those fighters are not destroyed and do not have to “retreat” to a friendly territory. They are stuck on the carrier until it is repaired and cannot particpate in other defensive or offensive battles.

• I want to know something about the watermark convoy zones.  I heard they work differently than they did in the old AAP, but no one has given any specifics that I’m aware of.  Have you finished the rule book yet?  Ready for more info.

• I want to know something about the watermark convoy zones.  I heard they work differently than they did in the old AAP, but no one has given any specifics that I’m aware of.  Have you finished the rule book yet?  Ready for more info.

I would like to hear more about this too…

• djensen should post a copy of the rulebook.

• Ill lump IL’s comments in with the now defunct “tac bombers select their casualty in sea combat”…among others

If he has the rule book…and we have questions…let him give the answers please

• As i understand it, planes on aircraft carriers while attacked have always been considered defending in air thus they would never be sitting on an aircraft carrier when it gets damaged.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m