GERMANS Gone Wild! Never Seen Before Uncensored Action!

• As in my other thread about Japan Gone Wild, there really is no Germany and Japan, only the Axis. This tends to be less true for the Axis than for the Allies, who are truly sunk without synergy and precision teamwork. The Axis are too separated to have much opportunity for double-teaming, but they can coordinate their efforts in one place: Russia.

Looking at the map, it seems clear that Russia has the most to lose from a combined Axis gangbang. The UK can be hammered by the loss of India, Persia and Australia in the Pacific, but an Australian expedition tends to delay Japan’s land war in Asia by several turns.

An Anti-US program is doomed to failure thanks to things like the Royal Navy and the US Air Force (not to mention the US Navy and the Royal Air Force) sinking the Kreigsmarine wherever they may appear. Germany cannot effectively attack the USA, and the UK seems all but impregnable to any delusional fantasies the German player might harbor concerning Operation SEA LION.

This leaves the Axis with two options: An aggressive campaign in Africa and the construction of Fortress Europe, or an all out assault into Russia (Operation CITADEL). Japan cannot reinforce Festung Afrika or be very decisive against Russia until at least turn four, so the Germans should be prepared to go it alone for quite some time.

OPERATION CITADEL:

G1: 9 INF, 1 Tank
    G2: more infantry, maybe a tank or two.
    G3: MORE INFANTRY! MORE!

With this build, Germany should feint into Karelia, and possibly Caucasus. The objective should be to reduce as much Russian Infantry as possible, without losing a single German Tank. Thus, retreat as soon as the infantry reserves begin to falter. Meanwhile, the Luftwaffe and Kreigsmarine should be sinking as many allied ships as possible. In the Med, you can either ship Italian troops to Caucasus, or reinforce Libya.

EVERY ALLIED SHIP must be attacked. Those who survive, must die on turn two. In the Meantime, Japan must break Russia’s back in the East, possibly foregoing early attacks into India.

FORTRESS EUROPE:

G1: 8 INF, 1 Transport
    G2: Infantry from this point on, possibly replacing the occasional loss of aircraft.

Feint into Karelia as above, reinforce Eastern Europe, Germany, and Western Europe with massive amounts of Infantry. Kick the UK out of Africa until at least turn three. SINK ALL ALLIED SHIPPING with massive aerial bombardment and audacious naval sorties for as long as possible (usually for about three or four turns).

Japan should be worried about occuping as much territory as possible, but India and China should fall quickly, in order to hamper UK/USA IPC’s

OPERATION WELTEISLEHRE:

G1: 4 INF, 4 Tanks
    G2: Infantry and a couple Tanks.
    G3: All infantry hereafter.

This rather insane strategy is based on Hitler’s occult belief that Ice and Winter would favor the superior Aryan Race. So basically it’s full of enough shit to back up a sewage treatment plant :lol:

Anyway, Germany attacks into Russia with 100% force, possibly even shipping the tank in Libya to the Eastern Front. Ignoring the inevitable allied landings in favor of a quick two to three turn victory over Russia. This time, the Luftwaffe ignore the allied navies and sails over Russia, raining death and spreading devastation onto the Soviet Army until Stalin shoots himself in the head. Hopefully, Germany can use the Soviet treasury to consolidate and kick the allies out of Eastern Europe, Karelia, Western Europe and/or Southern Europe. Also, those anti-aircraft batteries in Karelia and Moscow better not score any hits…

G1: 4 Tanks, 1 Fighter!
    G3: All infantry hereafter.

This variant is the same as above, except for a haphazard assault on Allied shipping during turn one, and turn one ONLY.

G1: 3 INF, 3 Tanks, 1 Transport
    G3: All Infantry hereafter.

This variant is also the same as above, except it devotes some resources into Africa where visibly annoyed Allied players will kill them all. Also, Russia rolls all over Ukraine and Eastern Europe by turn three or four.

• I always build all inf with germany unless 2 IPC left over, then an inf gets upgraded or if I see a situation where I can build all tanks and hit Karelia due to an allied mistake, be carefull, if you can’t attack due to unforeseen reinforcements (in other words a german screw up!) then the lack of defensive ability might hurt ya!

If you’re not playing russia restricted then you’re left with 4 ftrs/bomber with the baltic fleet sunk at the start of your turn. It can be expensive to try to erase the entire allied fleet. How often can you sink it all (except say the US transport) and only lose one air unit? If you try for every allied naval unit you are spreading yourself too thin IMHO.

Assuming you lose 1 ftr only you have 3 ftr and a bomber with only the US transport left, not bad for the Germans I’d say. The brits will build a carrier and 1 transport on T1, the US moves 2 ftrs on it and it’s 1 transport. Your air power has an attack force of 13, say 2 hits. The allied navy has a defence of 13, say 2 hits as well. You’re down to a ftr and a bomber with an attack of 7, only count on 1 hit here. A fully loaded carrier has a defence of 11, close enough you should assume 2 hits when you’re attacking. Your air force is gone and my navy is invincible as the germans can never again rebuild their airforce.

Assume the germans do so good the Brit is scared to build navy, so he builds nothing. The german has his bomber on western europe so the USA builds 3-4 transports with his 1. Even with only 4 transports you’d be brave to attack it with a lone bomber. If the Yank is a bit scared of this build 4 transports. 5 1’s against a single 4, bring on the bomber!

Next turn the brit has say 55 IPC, I smell a carrier and 4 transports for 50 IPC, build whatever land units you can. The yanks put 2 ftrs on it and move their 5 transports. Voila, the germans are faced with a potentially series land assult by the US as soon as the end of the German second turn. There is no way on earth the germans can ever knock out a fully loaded carrier with 9 transports on the start of their 3rd turn. This navy is functional so fast the US pacific fleet isn’t even required……

BB

• thats why both have strange titles, done by the same person

• Well if nothing else the titles are funny as all hell. :-)

BB

• I have use the first two.
    Never would use the last three! not enough fodder(inf) to protect the arm/ftr.

• @BigBlocky:

If you’re not playing russia restricted then you’re left with 4 ftrs/bomber with the baltic fleet sunk at the start of your turn. It can be expensive to try to erase the entire allied fleet. How often can you sink it all (except say the US transport) and only lose one air unit? If you try for every allied naval unit you are spreading yourself too thin IMHO.

The brits will build a carrier and 1 transport on T1, the US moves 2 ftrs on it and it’s 1 transport. BB

I’ve seen this before. In fact, it’s usually me who does it when I play the Allies. (I build a carrier and a plane though) When I play Axis, I always try for a restricted russia, unless I’m playing a rank amateur. You aren’t really spread too thin if you have the North Sea Fleet to make a sortie. If the Uk commits to massive naval procurement, it tends to hang the Russians out to dry by withdrawing USA and UK fighters out of Moscow/Karelia.

What usually happens in the games I’ve played is that the Royal Navy is sunk on turn one, the USA navy is sunk on turn two. What happens on turn three and beyond is really up to the vaguaries of the dice. Saving the UK money for turn one and building a massive fleet on turn two is something I’ve been meaning to try, it seems like it denies the Luftwaffe a target on turn two, and will deter them from making raids on the Royal Navy in future turns. This would have the adverse effect of the Luftwaffe dive bomb american transports after they unload in Africa.

• If you build a carrier and ftr, the ftr is not on the carrier so why build it? If Brit builds a carrier and transport and has the one from Canada and the US still has hers then the fleet is stil thin, 3 transports and a carrier. You need the 2 US ftrs to make this work. Why doesn’t germany sink your brit fleet then? Why would the americans suicide run their transports to africa knowing they will be sunk? I can see why you win as the axis :-) Waiting to build the brit navy until R2 can be a safe bet if R1 is too risky. I think I’ve built a carrier on R1 about 100 times and R2 about 40 times and R3 only once.

BB

• @BigBlocky:

If you build a carrier and ftr, the ftr is not on the carrier so why build it? BB

Usually this is part of my mad plan to fill the skies over Russia with seven to nine Allied fighters.

@BigBlocky:

If Brit builds a carrier and transport and has the one from Canada and the US still has hers then the fleet is stil thin, 3 transports and a carrier. You need the 2 US ftrs to make this work.

After building the carrier, the US planes STILL land on it, you silly goose. The RAF fighter moves to Russia on turn two. But I generally don’t like the whole carrier thing as it lets Japan get off scott free and keeps the US planes from defending Russia. Right now, I’m looking at saving up the UK and building a massive fleet on turn two, I think that’s the best option. That way, southern europe can be threatened on turn four by the americans.

• OK RE: ftrs on brit carrier. You were talking about taking the US fleet on a pacific adventure with 2 ftrs, it seems you have your cake and get to eat it too! :-)

BB

• @BigBlocky:

OK RE: ftrs on brit carrier. You were talking about taking the US fleet on a pacific adventure with 2 ftrs,BB

Where the hell did I say this? Must’ve been in some other thread…

• MIB, you said earlier in this thread the US fleet is usually dead by the end of round 2. I assumed you attacked with the US fleet to lose it……

So, as America, you’re faced with getting hit with Pearl II, since the Brit builds a carrier you fly the 2 US ftrs to the carrier, just wanna get that straight.’ I’m guessing you don’t counter attack the Japanese fleet off of Pearl. Have you tried using the US transport as a blocker and move the BB next to Panama? Can still be hit but only by 2 ftrs and no navy.

You mention threatening S. Europe with the US on turn 4. That we require putting the US fleet in a postion where they lose 1 round of trans-atlantic shipping, not usually a good bet but might be called for on occasion.

BB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m