• Hi All!  Which version of Risk do you prefer?  I included options other than 2210 and Godstorm just in case.  :wink:

• Napoleonic RISK. No question. It is the only semi historical version.

• I have to say that Risk Godstorm is by far the best after finally playing it (the last of all of them that I played. The others are all honestly terrible)

The 4 gods and card system is amazing.

I have one rules question to ask for those of you who played. There is one relic in the magic deck that gives you +3 to the bid to see who goes first for that epoch. My question is that in order to get that +3 do you have to sacrifice at least 1 faith token, to give you a minimum of 4? Or can you sacrifice 0 and still get the bonus to give you a minimum of 3. Or if its the first way and you sac 0 then you don’t get the bonus and its either 0 or 4 for the bid.

I’m pretty sure by logic and by the wording on the card and rulebook that it means you get the +3 regardless of what you bid, 0 or higher. However my friends didn’t agree tonight and it was a big argument. I can see the opposing argument, but I do think that the interpretation of not needing to sacrifice a faith token is stronger. Can anyone help me?

• @ZehKaiser:

I have to say that Risk Godstorm is by far the best after finally playing it (the last of all of them that I played. The others are all honestly terrible)

The 4 gods and card system is amazing.

I have one rules question to ask for those of you who played. There is one relic in the magic deck that gives you +3 to the bid to see who goes first for that epoch. My question is that in order to get that +3 do you have to sacrifice at least 1 faith token, to give you a minimum of 4? Or can you sacrifice 0 and still get the bonus to give you a minimum of 3. Or if its the first way and you sac 0 then you don’t get the bonus and its either 0 or 4 for the bid.

I’m pretty sure by logic and by the wording on the card and rulebook that it means you get the +3 regardless of what you bid, 0 or higher. However my friends didn’t agree tonight and it was a big argument. I can see the opposing argument, but I do think that the interpretation of not needing to sacrifice a faith token is stronger. Can anyone help me?

We played you don’t have to bid anything but that you are automatically in for three. The card gives it away that you are bidding at least three.

There is no interpretation question. They are being poor sports.

• Wow, thank you so much, both of you! I will be printing out the FAQ, we are loving this game and will be playing it a bunch more. Its funny cuz the people I can play this game with would never play A&A, so I love godstorm as the next best thing and the one board game i have that I can actually get people to play. +1 karma to you both when I get the ability to do so, I am PMing myself to actually remember it.

• @ZehKaiser:

Wow, thank you so much, both of you! I will be printing out the FAQ, we are loving this game and will be playing it a bunch more. Its funny cuz the people I can play this game with would never play A&A, so I love godstorm as the next best thing and the one board game i have that I can actually get people to play. +1 karma to you both when I get the ability to do so, I am PMing myself to actually remember it.

You are welcome. Glad I could be helpful. Usually I just annoy people. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m