• As I’m really new to AA50 42ED, is Italy as weak as I think they are? On UK1, the British can pull out of Egypt and instead stack Trans-Jordan. (I’m assuming the Indian ships are no more). Unless Germany takes Gibraltar, Italy only collects for one NO on Italy 1. The UK can land their two fighters in French West Africa and land the Aussie plane on India for a total force of 5 inf, 1 art, 1 tank, 4 fighters, the starting bomber + possible purchased bomber ALL in range of Egypt on UK2. For Egypt to hold, Japan and or Germany will need to commit fighters. Then rounds 2 and 3, both Allies can land Algeria and continue to hold T-J. If they do, then Italy won’t collect for either NO in the foreseeable future and will struggle to get anything out of Africa.

Am I missing something, or is this necessary to counter Russia’s weakness(Or maybe I’m just playing Russia poorly)?

• Yes, if all 3 allies are ganging up on poor little Italy, Italy can be quickly reduced to insignificance, but at what cost?  Taking both UK fighters to West Africa means they’re not in Britain, and not on a carrier around Britain (of course).
    I normally do take Gibraltar G1, so abandoning Egypt allows Italy to take it without a fight, and she can do something else with the fleet I1.  Italy would have 22 income round 1, at least.
    If you want to focus on one minor territory (in this case, Egypt) you can take it.  The question is, at what cost. 
    Italy can grow rampant if ignored (which is tempting) and can quickly become insignificant if keyed on (as you are suggesting).  It’s up to the Allies.  Both have a cost, and I’ve seen both several times.

• One good move should be attacking German Destroyer and transport with the Russian bomber R1, landing it in Gibraltar. That way, you are diminishing Germans to attack in full force, thus they must use all their planes to attack UK ships.

• But then the bomber is toasted by german air, supposing is not killed by german dd. Even a draw is bad for germans because the tranny survives and anyway the bomber is more needed at land

• @Funcioneta:

But then the bomber is toasted by german air, supposing is not killed by german dd. Even a draw is bad for germans because the tranny survives and anyway the bomber is more needed at land

Definitely.
    If you’re willing to bomber raid Z13, why not attack Z5 with the fighter and the bomber?

Both of these attacks are very risky, and the bomber landing in Gibraltar nearly ensures you will lose the bomber, whereas attacking Z5 there is a decent chance your bomber will live.

The Russian bomber can accomplish much more than sinking a destroyer and transport, and theres a decent chance if attacking Z13 that it won’t sink anything at all.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m