• I was curious if the new Pacific game (and hopefully Europe too) will retain the the air/naval base concept introduced in A&A:P. I thought they definitely made several of the islands strategic assets to control. I hope Larry keeps them in play.

• Official Q&A

They’ll be there, but they’ll be a little bit different than they were before.  For instance, battleships and carriers can take two hits, but they won’t automatically “heal” at the end of a battle.  They’ll need to move to a friendly naval base for repairs.

• '10

also per LH:

ships leaving a naval base can move 3 sea zones

naval bases, factories and airbases now each have their own air defense. AA guns are restricted to protecting land units only

An island can launch aircraft (fighters and Tac bombers to its surrounding sea zone and attack or defend in a battle if the island has an airbase

• Can you build them? or are they a part of the map that cannot be moved?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I would hope that you can build them.
    The U.S. built air bases as they Island hopped towards Japan.
    A Naval base would take longer but still feasable.
    I guess you could wait a turn or two depending on which one you built.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I take it by the fact that they do not appear on the preliminary map photos that you do indeed build them. Though there will obviously be some built at game start.

• Customizer

@Canuck12:

I take it by the fact that they do not appear on the preliminary map photos that you do indeed build them. Though there will obviously be some built at game start.

I suspect that this is probably true. If so they are likely to be a gray piece which can be captured by enemy forces. This is is pure speculation of course.

• I read this a while back, I forgot which Forum. Anyways is it true that if naval ships move from a naval base/port that they gain a move of 3?

• Krieg,

Can you confirm if Europe’40 also has airbases and naval bases?

• Hmmm.

Does that mean that we’ll be seeing nation-specific AA guns that can be killed again (like in Guadalcanal)?

• @molinar13:

I read this a while back, I forgot which Forum. Anyways is it true that if naval ships move from a naval base/port that they gain a move of 3?

Yes, Its true. When leaving a port initailly chips have a movement of 3

• Official Q&A

@C_Strabala:

Krieg,

Can you confirm if Europe’40 also has airbases and naval bases?

Yes.

@Make_It_Round:

Hmmm.

Does that mean that we’ll be seeing nation-specific AA guns that can be killed again (like in Guadalcanal)?

No.

• Thanks Krieg, but you didn’t answer the question concerning if air/naval bases can be built

• Official Q&A

Yes, they can.

• Awesome! So far I havnt heard and specific rules regarding them so I am assuming you can plop down an airfeild where ever you want? So let me get this straight. Now we have specific production facilities?  Meaning I can ONLY build a bomber or fighter where theres an airfeild and I can ONLY build a battleship or sub where there is a port?

• @Brain:

Thanks Krieg, but you didn’t answer the question concerning if air/naval bases can be built

@Krieghund:

Yes, they can.

Are there going to be game pieces for air/naval bases like their are for factories?

• Official Q&A

@idk_iam_swiss:

Now we have specific production facilities?  Meaning I can ONLY build a bomber or fighter where theres an airfeild and I can ONLY build a battleship or sub where there is a port?

Everything is still built at ICs (except Chinese units).  You can’t build units at bases.

@Brain:

Are there going to be game pieces for air/naval bases like their are for factories?

Yes.

• Thank you Krieghund,

So whats the point of an airfield then? what does it do? I know that ports are where you repair and launch ships

• TripleA '12

If I may - I believe that the Airfield referred to is the actual Airbase unit? It allows Fighters stationed there to defend in up to 1 adjacent territory/sea zone? Just a guess…

• Official Q&A

@Lozmoid:

If I may - I believe that the Airfield referred to is the actual Airbase unit? It allows Fighters staioned there to defend in up to 1 adjacent territory/sea zone? Just a guess…

Only if the territory is an island (completely surrounded by a single sea zone).  They also allow air units taking off from them to move one extra space.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m