• Has anyone bought an AC and Transport in caucus on R1 and landed your fighters on the AC? If Germany doesn’t attack this you can trade balkans as well as the other territory. Also, if germany does attack they most certanly will lose aircraft and will be unable to go for egypt or the British Battleship. Has anyone tried this crazy build?

• Heard of it but never tried it.

One of two things will happen, Germany will ignore it or Germany will blast it for the sake of destroying the Russian fighters. Either way, Germany will have a solid position in Ukraine and can march a couple guys through Balkans and you won’t be able to trade Balkans or much anything else.

• Russia will get creamed with ANY navy build. Save that for ground troops. Germany will just use it’s BB and trns as fodder, backed by its airforce, to crush that, and then Russia will not even have put men on the ground for all that money.

Save your money, buy Men! Tanks are Strong! Build more planes for Pete’s sake.

• TDJ that’s classic.  Mr. T. says “Tanks are strong!”  Is that from the Caspian Sub paper?

Blitz2: It never hurts to try but I would have to agree with both Dan and TDJ, buy ground forces.

It might work in AA 1942 but not really in revised?

• Gnasape, yes, that is from Caspian Sub and their papers.  :-P :-D I just had to throw that in there for effect. Russia probably needs more tanks than Germany early in the game, IMHO.

As for AA1942, after playing against the computer on Triple A, it would appear to me at any rate, that with Belo and EUkr in German hands to begin with, those both have to be eliminated, meaning no navy there either. However, I would think after a few rounds it might not hurt to try a naval buy out. But buy lots of guys first. In '42, at least another fighter to support the other one and bomber.

• TDJ, +1 karma for the humor!

Adlertag had a suggestion for AA50 about Russia purchasing subs in Cauc Sz to take out the Italian fleet and I think you can use the same thought and buy 2 subs in Sz 15 to take out the German Med fleet.  It’s a idea.

TANKS ARE STRONG

TANKS ARE STRONG

@The:

Gnasape, yes, that is from Caspian Sub and their papers.  :-P :-D I just had to throw that in there for effect. Russia probably needs more tanks than Germany early in the game, IMHO.

As for AA1942, after playing against the computer on Triple A, it would appear to me at any rate, that with Belo and EUkr in German hands to begin with, those both have to be eliminated, meaning no navy there either. However, I would think after a few rounds it might not hurt to try a naval buy out. But buy lots of guys first. In '42, at least another fighter to support the other one and bomber.

• @gnasape:

TDJ, +1 karma for the humor!

Adlertag had a suggestion for AA50 about Russia purchasing subs in Cauc Sz to take out the Italian fleet and I think you can use the same thought and buy 2 subs in Sz 15 to take out the German Med fleet.  It’s a idea.

TANKS ARE STRONG

TANKS ARE STRONG

@The:

Gnasape, yes, that is from Caspian Sub and their papers.  :-P :-D I just had to throw that in there for effect. Russia probably needs more tanks than Germany early in the game, IMHO.

That’s definitely a great idea. With the Germans only having 2.5 units with a +4 on defence (BB + trns), a couple subs plus air power would definitely wipe out any German presence in the Med.

• WOW…… I can see doing things for fun, but strategically there is no gain to building a russian fleet.  But I’m not critisizing in any way.

If I played against a russian player that wastes money on something like that, I’d wipe him out in less than 3 rounds.

Historically you gotta think about what worked for the Russians.  AC’s didn’t fit for them.  They couldn’t benifit from it.

The german med fleet really is nothing to worry about.  Keep it contained there and really doesn’t matter if it survives or not.  Thats just my opinion though.

• @gnasape:

TDJ that’s classic.  Mr. T. says “Tanks are strong!”  Is that from the Caspian Sub paper?

Blitz2: It never hurts to try but I would have to agree with both Dan and TDJ, buy ground forces.

It might work in AA 1942 but not really in revised?

It should be even worst in AA42: 1 less hit and 3 less dice points. Germany could ignore it, of course, and even mimic building tons of navy. Since you, as soviet, gave them time in east, Germany could buy a uber fleet to create havoc in allied fleets. A powerful german combo would be: take gib, kill z2 or z1, send 2 subs to English channel, buy, say, ac, bb, 2 inf, tons of subs or any other wicked combo (join fleets round 2 or 3, ouch!). UK will struggle to keep the pace, and USA cannot join the fight and also buy enough land guys to protect their rear/contest Africa (silly Bering strait icecap  :-P ) OR germans could still do the moves and simply make a tank rush while Japan does the same

In Revised, it could be interesting trying, but without a bid. I doubt it can work by the way, it’s just slightly better

A note: stick to Revised, it’s better than AA42 (KFJ is viable and also Polar Express)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m