• '10

The USA official enter the war December 1941.

This game starts 1940.

Are there special rules at the beginning of the game. Units that can’t move, reduced production or something like that?

• '10

The USA official enter the war December 1941.

This game starts 1940.

Are there special rules at the beginning of the game. Units that can’t move, reduced production or something like that?

Per LH
    How will the economy of the US work so that it has a fair amount of IPCs in both the AAP/AAE/“full” games? The US economy will shift gears when it enters the war. It will become the Arsenal of Democracy of sorts. Its IPC income will jump through the roof.
    The US gets into the war in one of two ways. It is either attacked by Japan or it automatically goes to war on a given turn… Japan, due to economic reasons WILL attack the US before it automatically finds itself at war (or at least at the same time). This had to be designed this way… Otherwise there was a real potential that the US player ended up not even playing
    If Japan does attack the UK and ANZACs then yes… The US goes to war

• Which means japan can rip china a new one without anybody trying to stop them. I wonder if anzac/UK attack japan if the us enters the war…

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Which means japan can rip china a new one without anybody trying to stop them. I wonder if anzac/UK attack japan if the us enters the war…

Per LH, no you have to attack US directly.

• so as japan…I can beat on ANYONE and then tackle the americans! nevermind then this game is going to be way easy!

• '10

Quote from: idk_iam_swiss on Today at 01:32:51 pm
    Which means japan can rip china a new one without anybody trying to stop them. I wonder if anzac/UK attack japan if the us enters the war…

Per LH, no you have to attack US directly.

incorrect, per LH
    9/5/09

If Japan does attack the UK and ANZACs then yes… The US goes to war

last sentence on the page
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1838&p=21781#p21781

• Yeah thats what the Japanese thought too.

• lol…

• Well it looks that the only country you’ll be able to beat on is China, but they have lots of men and land to take that will give you little money. I see what is happening now! If you want to do the time honored “sandwich Russia” move you are going to need more income than what China can give you so you are forced to attack the islands and the Philippines and South Asia and Pearl! BRILLIANT! That triggers the entry of the US so immediately you are posed with a two front war for Japan as is Germany. It is starting to make really good sense now……ahhhhh my brain feels better about the pre-order now…

• That does make sense!  Great analysis maverick_76!

@maverick_76:

Well it looks that the only country you’ll be able to beat on is China, but they have lots of men and land to take that will give you little money. I see what is happening now! If you want to do the time honored “sandwich Russia” move you are going to need more income than what China can give you so you are forced to attack the islands and the Philippines and South Asia and Pearl! BRILLIANT! That triggers the entry of the US so immediately you are posed with a two front war for Japan as is Germany. It is starting to make really good sense now……ahhhhh my brain feels better about the pre-order now…

• thank goodness I hated the attack russia first strategy.

• Well I suppose, Japan could still try to take over Russia, but with less income than Russia :D

Robert

• Japan could take on Russia in the global game, but Russia won’t be represented in AA40P. I still think you may be able to attack the Dutch in AA40P with out it being considered an attack on UK. That way you (Japan) wouldn’t bring the US into the war yet. I think the Dutch Isles may have their own sculpts (French blue maybe) but can’t add to their army (no IC), and only fall to the English once they are liberated. You have to allow Japan to build up its ipc level before it invites  :-D the US into the war.

• theres dutch in this game? or are you talking about ANZAC?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I have seen the Dutch Roundel on the map so I belive they are in.

• lame…thats 5  against japan…

• '10

Per LH
    which powers have their own “Income/economy”, they are:
    US
    UK
    Russia
    France
    China
    Australia/New Zealand (ANZAC)
    Germany
    Japan
    Italy

the reason for the Dutch roundels has not been explained but i’m guessing it will be similar to Canada

All the Canadian Provinces are represented . It has its own national control markers. Totally controlled by the British player

Since the Dutch lost their Country in Europe, they fled to England and the U.S.
    They still fought with the help of the U.S. and Britain. They still had a small navy and fought with the Australians, Brits, Indians, and Americans around the Dutch East Indies and even had a base around Antilles in the Carribean I believe.
    Even though they had no income, they still fought.
    I also believe that they had tanks ordered and to be delivered to the East Indies and on route Japanese invaded the Dutch East Indies so the tanks were re-routed to Australia.

• @johnnymarr:

Per LH
    which powers have their own “Income/economy”, they are:
    US
    UK
    Russia
    France
    China
    Australia/New Zealand (ANZAC)
    Germany
    Japan
    Italy

the reason for the Dutch roundels has not been explained but i’m guessing it will be similar to Canada

All the Canadian Provinces are represented . It has its own national control markers. Totally controlled by the British player

For some reason I was thinking the Japanese invaded Dutch East Indies before the attack on Pearl. I now see it was about a month after in Jan of 42. I guess its possible the Dutch will be represented in AA40P on a small scale , but it is more likely they will be like Canada, totally controlled by the UK. Bummer!

Yes, I believe that to be correct, they will have countries that will be gobbled up by the Japanese and then liberated by ANZAC if all goes well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m