• I got my butt kicked last game so i need advice. My opponent tends to stack Karelia with 14inf 3arm and 2ftrs. By the way, 2ond ed. rules RR 1hitBB. Also 4inf in Cauc. In the last game on R3 he attacked EE with 22inf 4arm and 2ftrs vs. 10inf 7arm 3ftrs and AA gun. After shooting down 1ftr it was downhill. he eventually took EE with 7inf and 4arm, ftr surviving. Bad dice nonetheless, how should I try to prevent this? I’m leaning towards strafing karelia with 10inf and 7arm on g1. Retreating to EE of course, and sinking the UK fleet. Should I just go balls out, including airforce in Karelia? Or not strafe and reinforce EE stronger? I have a new game on Tues. Please help!

• Read “Imbalance?Strategy?What’s goin wrong?”.

Are you buying at least 8 Infs on G1 and all Infs on G2.

Don’t strafe Karelia at least USSR starts building mostly in Russia or you’re outnumbered in Infs.

Stack everything in EEu except 2 Infs each turn and 1 or 2 Ftrs to WEu.

Against R3 EEu attack, you should have 13 Infs and 8 Arms in EEu if you do the stack right. The average result should be mutual destruction with 1 Rus Ftr left, which would be more detrimental to USSR than Ger.

But to prevent such suicidal attack from an ultra-aggressive USSR and bad dice, you might want to pull everything back into Ger except 1 Inf each in EEu and Ukr. Don’t forget to move AA back to SEu. Make USSR extend its supply line for a change.

Then keep strafing or trading EEu depending on the size of the USSR force in EEu until Japan comes to your rescue.

• DBs got it. INF and you should hold E EUR. Trade it if ya gotta.

Note:If Germany takes SYR/IRQ or AES on G1 the Japanese FTR on FICB can get to E EUR before R3s attack. Before R$ if Japan takes IND on J1, lands FTR on IND J2.

Are you TRN too much to Africa?

• I did tran 2inf each on g1 and g2. I also had 6inf onWE by the end of g2, I’m pretty sure I made a mistake by buying a ftr on g2. I was probably too concerned with destroyin UK and US trans. Thanks for the advice!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m