Things you still can't quite shake off from Classic

• Just wondering how many of you still have certain things from Classic that you are unable to completly expel from your system.

For example after playing A LOT of revised and a decent amount of Anniversary I still:

-Think I am getting off easy because you “only” role 2 dice for heavy bombers

-Think Infantry is going to solve all my problems

-Still have it in my gut instinct to build an IC in India T1 (this took me forever to accept in revised)

-Find artillary, 2 hit BB’s, and destroyers “totally sweet”

-Am still filled with wonder by transporting an infantry unit AND ANYTHING ELSE I WANT!

-Find Japan moving third the equivlant of being in a Twilight Zone episode (you know that one episode where that one guy is the same but everyone else is different)

-Still think it is a bit rude and unsportsmanlike to attack Germany with Russia on R1.

• @dondoolee:

-Think I am getting off easy because you “only” role 2 dice for heavy bombers

-Am still filled with wonder by transporting an infantry unit AND ANYTHING ELSE I WANT!

-Still think it is a bit rude and unsportsmanlike to attack Germany with Russia on R1.

Hehe - what a great post.  Yes, I’ve played enough Revised (about 70 games on GTO) and Anniversary that I think all of the Classic stuff is actually expelled from my system.  However, the ones I quoted still resonate with me.  Although with Germany right on the doorstep, it doesn’t seem rude or unsportsmanlike to attack Germany on R1 (which was crippling in Classic, as you imply)  In Classic you had the Caucasus buffer zone.
    I’ve got some new ones to add.
    -  I still have urges to attack subs with planes for the free shots.

-  Still cringe at attacking transports with planes because I might lose my planes and still not hit the transports (actually, I got used to the Anny rule very quickly)

-  Still have the urge to attack Russia with Germany with all available personnel every turn, especially turn 1, to get that all important Karelia factory!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m