• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

In the photos valiantly stolen from gencon you can see an orange ring around all of the Chinese costal territories, similar to that around the Japanese territories (FIC etc.). Which suggests that these are occupied by Japan. However, given that these territories were not occupied by Japan in 1940 and that there is no Japanese rondell in any of them, I take it they are in fact not occupied by Japan at the begining of the game.

Anyone know what’s going on here?

• Official Q&A

The territories are considered originally Chinese (thus the roundels), but are controlled by Japan at the start of the game.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I see…

I was a little confused because the Japanese territories cover the whole coastline, whereas in 1940 China still had significant coastlines unnocupied by the Japanese in the south.

• Perhaps it’s for game ballance.  Yet, the Japanese still had pockets of controle in the south, and it’s not like China had a navy, anyway.

• also, the game starts arround the middle of 1940.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Not to ressurect a dead thread here, but this idea that Kwangsi and Kiangsi are going to be occupied by Japan at game start is really getting to me.

In original AA Pacific they were not controlled by Japan and even in AA50 they are Chinese territories.

What’s with breaking with tradition and historical accuracy in this version?

Is the idea just to prevent any uncontested landings in China by the allies? Or did Larry and crew just think Japan needed a little extra boost?

It seems pretty important to me given that without the Japanese occupation, the UK or  ANZUS could freely land troops to reinforce China. Now all that is left is the garrison at Kwangtung to drop guys in, and a good Japanese player will have this neutralized ASAP

Thoughts everyone?

• Japan probably needed a little extra boost. remember they have NO allies in the pacific. theyll need all the help they can get

• Japan will probably start with a bigger military to balance things out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m