• Just fooling around……worked up this
    Thoughts, opinions

Its purely conjecture of course…
    Europe_map.PNG

• Customizer

I assume this is spring 1940?

Several problems:

Spanish Morocco is missing
    Norway and USSR should not be joined; Finland had an Arctic coastline until 1945
    Poland is totally wrong - start again here
    Trieste should be in Italy
    Tunisia should be French
    Southern Slovakia should be in Hungary, as should Carpatho-Ukraine
    Bessarabia should reach to the sea, and was not invaded by USSR until June/July 1940

I would make Italy 3 territories, generally divided along the Gustav and Gothic lines
    The map needs to run further east, with a Turkey/Caucasus border; you also cannot place Stalingrad on this map

• I agree with everything flashman said, plus there are just alot of minor porblems that exist because you were working with a modern map and only covered part of the theater.

You proabaly also overkilled yugoslavia with all those territories.

I also like the netherlands and Belgium broken up, and white russia i think has one or two too many territories.

And remember the AAE40 map sounds like it is going to cover both Americas and Africa aswell.

But other than that I think this is basically what we want in the map. I also like how you have no circle city spaces, those are very lame.

• '10

Larry already confirmed:

Germany will be split into three territories.
    Germany (with Berlin), Western Germany and Greater southern Germany.

• ive got another map in the works, should be ready sometime this week.

• I think the Soviets need work. The territories should allow for maximum spacing, and some of these are too twisted to allow for the pieces to sit well on the map. More thought on that section should be applied. Look at a AAE map and add about 3-4 more spaces.  I am not fond of Finlands layout. I would like the zones to form the historical battlelines of what they gained and lost in the war.  I would consider the same the the Soviet union by looking at the Dec 1941 and Sept 1942 start lines and draw zones based on these, so you can allow for the conquest to “look” like it did in history.

• Just a note, Larry Harris said Germany will be split into three territories: Germany (with Berlin), West Germany, and Greater Southern Germany.

• '10

I hope Italy has many territories going “up the boot” to represent the different lines the Germans used to slow the allied advance.  Gothic Line, Hitler line… etc.

Ofcourse Italy will get a jab in at France once the real shooting has stopped in 1940 also.

• '11

I’ve been away from the forums for quite some time and I have just been reading the release info for A&A Europe & Pacific. I’m assuming that these games are just getting updated treatment, similar to A&A Anniversary edition. With a different board, unit setups, new units, etc… Does anyone know if they will differ greatly from their predecessors? Or will they have the same type of setup, just with a new look & new pieces?

• No this is a HUGE game. Something totally unique. In these games you can combine them to make a HUGE wargame 70x36

Much bigger than AA50. I don’t see anything greater than these gems in terms of AA games. Look at the fact sheet.

• '11

Wow, they will be a very welcome addition to the A&A world. That is so cool that they will combine to form a huge gaming board. Damn, I’m going to have to invest in a bigger table. I can’t wait to check them out once they’re actually released. Does it look like these will be a limited run like A&A Anniversary? If so, I’ll start setting aside funds to make sure I snap these up as soon as they’re released.

• yes definatly buy these two. I think this will be better than AA50.

• '11

Good enough, thanks for the info. It would be nice to see WOTC produce these a bit longer than the Anniversary sets, as I’m sure a lot of people were unable to acquire a copy.

• It was said that in the start of the game, the Axis would have no control of North Africa.

Also, the Europe board will include all of Africa.

• @michaelthegreat:

It was said that in the start of the game, the Axis would have no control of North Africa.

I  dont know where you heard that, this is 1940, Italy is going to have huge armies in africa. Its just Germany that wont have anything in africa or the med.

• '10

It was said that in the start of the game, the Axis would have no control of North Africa.

Per Larry
    East Africa – how will this be represented in AAE40?
    Well I think so. I mean the French, the Italians and the British are all represented down there. I mean there’s Kenya, Tanganyika Territory, Rhodesia, Union of South Africa, South West Africa, British Somaliland, Anglo-Egyptian Sudan and an administered from London - Belgian Congo, and that’s just the British stuff… Hope this answers your question

• Man I cannot wait to see what exactly these maps will look like and also see them together!

• I think you speak for all of us with that comment

• Speaking of the Europe map.  Does anyone know what the time frame will be when we’ll get our first look at it?

• Let’s hope EAF has a italian roundel printed and starts with a couple of shiny italian units  8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m