What We Want the Next AA boardgame to be.

• Moderator’s - please move this to whereever.  I’m just trying to get some data from the AAcommunity so that I can talk to the powers that be at AH and get something done about it.

Voter’s- You may pick your top 2.  Mind you that Larry did say that he was not interested in a AANorth Africa/Mediterrean type game so I did not put it on the list, but there is an “Other” box.  If you choose “other”, than state the game you would like to see in a post.

The Questioneer :?

• I voted for Midway. One of the most important battles of WW2. Pacific never really did anything for me, but I think if they did it in a way that is totally different from typical A&A (Like BotB) it could be great

• A&A North Africa

It’s gotta feature everything from Morocco to the Middle Eastern Oil Fields , as well as all of Italy.  And it ships with several different setups including:El Aimen(spelling?), Operation Torch, Operation Husky, ect.

• i guess that i would more or less buy any version that comes out, provided that it is open ended like europe and aa50 etc, and NOT like pacific where it stops after a given amount of turns etc. I like when the gamedynamic leaves the result openended by not restricting a stop.

• @bbrett3:

A&A North Africa

It’s gotta feature everything from Morocco to the Middle Eastern Oil Fields , as well as all of Italy.  And it ships with several different setups including:El Aimen(spelling?), Operation Torch, Operation Husky, ect.

I don’t need alternate setups but some sort of North Africa game would be terrific especially if it required re-supply by ships in the med.

• I selected stalingrad and other, but i would only buy stalingrad if there were all new molds and at least three completely new peices with their own molds for both countries and peices for the Axis minors. In general i would only buy another axis and allies if all if it had 10 or more new molds.

What I would really like is a truly advanced axis and allies not A&A50 which just gives you one new country and one new peice.

It should have a start date of fall 1939 or summer 1940

it should have at 8-12 new units with their own molds and for each country

this includes units for all the unit realated techs from AA50: rocket artillery, stratigic rockets, airborne, mechanized infantry, advanced submarines, radar instalations(imporves fighter defence), jet fighters, and heavy bombers.

The possiblities for the reamining four are Fortifications, selfpropelled Tank destoryers(this could also represent 88s),Heavy Armor, ground attack aircraft, and Light carriers, Heavy flack defence, “Fat Man” Atomic bomb peice(propably to politically incorrect), anti-aircraft crusiers, super battleships, pocket battleships, minor factories or a number of other types of units that are regularly discussed on this fourm.

There should also be chips that represent motorazation, leadership, and strategic movement capacity(one for airborne, and another for land) for each nation.

Port markers should be preprinted on the map, and their should also a airfeild chips so you can build them on inlands which will normally only allow you to base 1 aircraft on them.

The map should be redrawn, and new territroies added in order to increase realism and illistrate why the decision makers of the time did what they did. The rules should be changed so nothing happens that is unexplained, like territories producing double the resources.

Also their should be an option for individual victory and each nation should have histroically accuarte objectives.

And you should be able to attack neutrals, France should be added as a new country with its own set of peices and there should be new 2 new sets of peices in addition, one for neutrals if they join the allies and the other of neutrals that join the axis.

I know this is alot, but you asked me what I want :-D.

• I want a strategic space empire game with 400 plastic warships that look like old BSG 1978 warships and Star Wars ships and are finely detailed and have a rules system thats like AA with each ‘territory’ a different star system that you conquer.

It would take all these expensive miniatures out of the market because we finally have micro star wars ships and various fighters in .5-2 inch scale, which allows for huge fleets for cheap.

Heck id would put my own money up for this.

• @Imperious:

I want a strategic space empire game with 400 plastic warships that look like old BSG 1978 warships and Star Wars ships and are finely detailed and have a rules system thats like AA with each ‘territory’ a different star system that you conquer.

It would take all these expensive miniatures out of the market because we finally have micro star wars ships and various fighters in .5-2 inch scale, which allows for huge fleets for cheap.

Heck id would put my own money up for this.

I hope to God your actually kidding. :|

• no way I want little 1/2 inch colonial fighters, tie fighters, x wings, and cylon raiders like 30 each player,

then each player gets another set of cylon baseships, destroyers, cruisers, and battlestars about 1.5-2 inch each, plus the death star and tons of star destroyers in various designs.

A bag of chips, and a huge map with lots of star systems and control markers. 12-16 pages of rules using the AA system. Id would be the best game ever.

It would include a deck of cards with generals and other random events cards.  It would contain a diplomacy phase.

This could also be done using the Space Cruiser Yamato game as the storyline. Or Star Trek

• @Imperious:

no way I want little 1/2 inch colonial fighters, tie fighters, x wings, and cylon raiders like 30 each player,

then each player gets another set of cylon baseships, destroyers, cruisers, and battlestars about 1.5-2 inch each, plus the death star and tons of star destroyers in various designs.

A bag of chips, and a huge map with lots of star systems and control markers. 12-16 pages of rules using the AA system. Id would be the best game ever.

It would include a deck of cards with generals and other random events cards.  It would contain a diplomacy phase.

This could also be done using the Space Cruiser Yamato game as the storyline. Or Star Trek

I second the motion  :-)

• BSG is ok, I hate star wars

maybe we should stick to WW2

defninetly no WW1, that war was boring as $!@%

• @Emperor_Taiki:

I hate star wars

:-o Gaps…can’t breath…reality…closing in…

• I would definitely go for a nice science fiction AA-style boardgame.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

@Imperious:

no way I want little 1/2 inch colonial fighters, tie fighters, x wings, and cylon raiders like 30 each player,

thirdseys!!

• @LuckyDay:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

@Imperious:

Thirdsies!!

Too late, I beat you to the post.  You’ve got fourthsies.  :-P

• The next A&A game should be a 1939 global war with diplomacy, politics and backstabbing, as well the usual air, ground and naval units and rules.

“Generals are professional soldiers, but amateur politicians”.

• i agree

• I voted for Stalingrad and Other.

My “other” game would be A&A: North Africa, with Italian forces, convoy raids and commandoes…

• @Sergente_nella_neve:

I voted for Stalingrad and Other.

My “other” game would be A&A: North Africa, with Italian forces, convoy raids and commandoes…

Yep, Commandoes would be sick

They could either “disrupt” an enemy territory and stop it’s income, or they could do the commando equivalent to an strat. bombing raid

• I like the Idea of a north africa game, it would give us more pieces for Italy, and give us a part of the war that really wasn’t touched on in previous games.

A ww1 version would be great! make molds for calvary and machine guns, and have tanks be a tech. no matter what people say, ww1 was not “boring as shit” have troops able to entrench. it would make a very interesting game

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m