• After a few games I’ve decided these dice cheat! I like the look and feel of the rounded edges, but what I don’t like is that every once and awhile one goes beserk and attempts to wipeout the gameboard! I magine how demoralizing this must be to my Russian soldiers bravely attempting to hold off a German tank column when, from out of nowhere, a die comes and takes them out.

Another thing I found is that they seem to roll high. Now, I have never been able to roll what I want when I want, but these have seemed consistently high. So, because I have nothing better to do in the middle of a game, I kept a tally of hte rolls.

Here is what I came up with out of 571 rolls (about 5 turns I think):
    1’s  88 times or 15.4%
    2’s  91 times or 15.9%
    3’s  95 times or 16.6%
    4’s  99 times or 17.3%
    5’s  123 times or 21.5%
    6’s  75 times or 13.1%

I was right. Not only are they trying to destroy my games by clearing off the board, they are intentionally rolling the one number that is not used in AA! If it was any other number I could plan for it and use it but not 5’s.

Anybody else having prob’s with these little cheaters?

• I’m not sure if that result is ‘statistically significant’ or not (any statisticians to advise?).  It looks unusual, but perhaps within the bounds of normal variation.

I hate the dice as well because they go ‘plop’ and don’t seem to roll.  More often than is proper, the result rolled (or plopped) is the number sitting opposite the one facing up in my hand.  So I find myself cupping my hands and shaking vigorously every time I roll the dice!

Todd, have you tried rolling in the upturned box lid to prevent stray dice.

Anyway, PBF solves all these problems!  :-D

• Customizer

ya, you need to put the box lid and the box bottom together and put it on a chair or on the table if your table is big enough, then you can throw your dice in there. much easier

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Get a copy of Axis and Allies Europe,  For whatever reason from the 3 copies I own, the Dice have been coined “Headhunter” and “sniper” dice

Simple because they seem to have a 35% or higher ratio of rolling 1’s

Outside of that, Put them in the microwave with the 1 or the 6 at the bottom for 3 min,  that should round the edges out :P and you should stop rolling 5’s :D  And probably 2, 3, and 4 as well ;)

• i dont like em cuz sometimes they spin on those rounded edges.  we have added the old dice from previous games into the mix now.  i never use the round edged ones, and i like that some of my old dice show some wear.  i use those, thinking of them as ‘veterans’ .  and we have some red dice from some AA game.  i never use the reds either, they always roll high.  black and white, win the fight.

• @Gargantua:

Outside of that, Put them in the microwave with the 1 or the 6 at the bottom for 3 min,  that should round the edges out :P and you should stop rolling 5’s :D  And probably 2, 3, and 4 as well ;)

Excellent tip, +1 karma for the laugh. :-D :-D :-D

• Customizer

as long as the dice are perfectly symmetrical in shape and weight, they are fair

• They spin alot and when they spin the side with the one will be on the bottom because it weighs more than the 6 or 5. You almost always get a 4,5 or 6 when it spins and for me that is probably 15-20% of the time. The rounded edges do it.

• Another thing I found is that they seem to roll high.

I just got done playing my first game of AA50 and I had this problem more than 1 time.  It seems they either rolled high or low for me.

• It seems they either rolled high or low for me.

lol, +1 karma!

• For f2f games, you need professional equipment, if better skills and experience is not enough, you need to be sure.

It’s even better than low luck  :-D

http://cardshark.us/museum_frs.shtml

Check out the dice cheat section.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m