• In terms of getting a bid for the Axis, if I as Germany wanted to place a unit in Libya, am I allowed to even do this? Libya is Italian-owned. I didn’t think you could place a unit in someone else’s territory. I can’t place a German unit in Libya in Triple A, which obviously means in theory it can’t be done. However, I have seen people do just that. Place a couple inf in Libya for Germany and what not.

So, are we breaking a rule here by doing that?

• 2007 AAR League

I always assumed it was legal since there were already German units in Libya. I know the League specifically allows it.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I was unaware that the league allowed German bids to go into Libya, live and learn!

Anyway, my personal opinion would be that no, it should not be allowed, since it is an Italian territory and bidding rules normally require you to only place bid units into territories you start the game with.  That’s why you couldn’t bid a Japanese bomber into Berlin or something. (German submarine in the Pacific can be fun sometimes.)

• What’s the problem? Bid a tank in alg if you really think axis need a bid  :roll:

• @Funcioneta:

What’s the problem? Bid a tank in alg if you really think axis need a bid  :roll:

I frankly don’t think a bid is needed at all. But a player I am playing against said we could use one, and since I took the axis, I was wondering where to put my bid. In Triple A, as I said, I couldn’t stick anything in Libya, so I did end up putting a tank in Algeria.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m