• would a standard build of 6 armor at russia be a good build, or 6 infantry at russia / 4 infantry at caucasus, for round 1,
    or is artillery a good bet, to keep the forward momentum going in the face of a german advance,

4 artillery, 3 armor, 1 infantry, could be a good bet, for a round 2 attack through southern europe

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’ve been leaning towards 5 Infantry, 3 Armor for Russia.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Same as jen for me, you need to start building punch, but its no good without fodder.

• 5 artillery, 2 armor,

1 armor, 1 artillery at karelia

4 artillery at caucasus

1 armor at russia

that would make a good attack force for round 2,

i would rather see the western u.s. at 12 i.p.c. and the eastern u.s. at 10 i.p.c.
    faced with a japanese attack at the west, and very little prospect of a german or italian attack to the east,
    although the current set-up is challenging, a good player would always find a way around those issues

• I like more Infantry and keep the offensive with them.  R1 - 4INF 2ART 2ARM.

Try R1 - 1BOM 4INF 1ARM?

Here you have a 2ARM 1BOM and a bunch of Infantry to take back a little from
    Germany Round 2.  The Russian bomber(s) can come in handy later too.

• i would stack heavy with artillery, russia has almost 30 infantry divisions, and with no artillery to boost the enemy, the russia attack is weak, a bomber would be useful to back up the attack’s, although with solely infantry the bomber could be toast

• I like to have aircraft with russia, so I have been tinkering with 5 art and a fighter for a round 1 buy

• Does no one like the 10 Inf for Russia Turn 1? I’ve done this a few times now and had great success! I like to build offensive capability on Turn 2. Thoughts?

• I agree, as much as inf as possible for Russia on GT1.

• 2 inf (to kar), 1 art, 4 arm.  This gives you alot of firepower for a R2 push into Ukraine depending on what G does, alot of times this even gets me my 3rd NO on turn 3.

• @Capt.:

I like more Infantry and keep the offensive with them.  R1 - 4INF 2ART 2ARM.

Try R1 - 1BOM 4INF 1ARM?

Here you have a 2ARM 1BOM and a bunch of Infantry to take back a little from
    Germany Round 2.  The Russian bomber(s) can come in handy later too.

That’s my usual build.

Especially when forced to play low luck, 1 bomber and 2 infantry do wonders to swap territories and you can operate on all fronts from Moscow.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m