• Sometimes we’ll put a movie on in the background…

Memphis Bell
    Hunt for Red October
    Saving Private Ryan
    Master and Commander
    U-571
    The Bridge over the river Kwai
    The Great Escape

any others?

• Put in Band of Brothers, the game and the series should finish up at the same time. :-)

• A Bridge Too Far should do the trick as well

• Tora Tora Tora happened to be on tv during the first game of Pacific we rolled, right after it came out, which was quite fitting. But we usually just put on the Military Channel. Over the course of a multi-hour game sooner or later the game you’re playing will come up (if not repeatedly). ~ZP

• the funniest thing i ever saw:
    they asked me, i was germany, to resign
    i hurried to the videos and inserted ‘waterloo’, with the scene where napoleon is screaming ‘i will not!’

• I love that movie!  One of my all time favorites.

Movies to watch:

World at war
    Victory in the Pacific
    Sieg in Westen
    longest Day
    Midway
    Tora Tora Tora
    Battle of the Bulge

• The Dirty Dozen

Flags of our fathers
    Letters from Iwo Jima

• Enemy at the gates?

off-topic:
    TimTheEnchanter and RogerTheShrubber, someone must like something  :-D

• star wars

• The Longest Day

This one movie, which I forgot the name of, of an modern AC that thanks to some storm travels back in time, and finds himself right before Pearl Harbor. Now he has the choice, unleash his mighty force of F14’s and F18’s against the pitiful Japanese zero’s and change history, or……
    Terrible plot, but pretty cool nontheless.

• The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen. :)

And yeah, it was pretty bad. ;p

I believe it was even before the F-18 was in service. And it was the original F-14As with A-6’s and A-7’s for strike planes.

The movie had its moments, but…

• WOW can’t believe nobody mentioned an obvious choice….

• @Woodstock:

This one movie, which I forgot the name of, of an modern AC that thanks to some storm travels back in time, and finds himself right before Pearl Harbor. Now he has the choice, unleash his mighty force of F14’s and F18’s against the pitiful Japanese zero’s and change history, or……
    Terrible plot, but pretty cool nontheless.

Ah yes, that was, The Philadelphia Experiment.

• No.  Is Final Countdown.  USS Nimitz enter time storm.  Commander of Nimitz recall F-14 Tomcat fighter just before they attack Japan force go to Pearl Harbor when Time Storm reappear.  Is strange movie.

You think of Philadelphia Experiment 2 when Stealth Fighter go back in time over Germany arm with nuclear weapon.  That more strange movie.

• In “War Comes To America,” the seventh film of the “Why We Fight” series, there are some animated sequences (about ten minutes before the end of movie) which show little animated tanks pushing rows of little stick figures into stylized factory buildings to illustrate the industrial potential which Germany and Japan would command if they were to dominate Europe and Asia.  The factory buildings look almost exactly like the industrial complex pieces in Axis & Allies: a square building with three sawtooth projections on top and two smokestacks at one end of the roof.

CWO Marc

• Bridge at Remagen
    Guns of Navarone
    Force 10 from Navarone
    Where Eagles Dare
    Kelly’s Heros
    The Thin Red Line
    Platoon
    Operation Daybreak
    Patton

• @F6FHellcat:

No.  Is Final Countdown.  USS Nimitz enter time storm.  Commander of Nimitz recall F-14 Tomcat fighter just before they attack Japan force go to Pearl Harbor when Time Storm reappear.  Is strange movie.

Crap, yeah that’s right it was Final Countdown, thanks for the correction Hellcat.  Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen……

I did get it confused with the Philadelphia Experiment though.  That movie had the guy from Eddie and the Cruisers in it.  It was about the government experimenting with electro magnetic fields on a destroyer to send back to WWII.

• yeah, i’d go with falconrider about kelly’s heroes or where eagles dare.

but that brought me to the thought of I’d be distracted by those and not play my best, so I guess the optimal thing to do would be to have something playing that will distract my opponents?

for instance–they like the war movies, show those
    they like comedies, show those
    they like chick-flicks… what the heck are you doing playing AA with them?

• my group has actually put on music from the 30’s and 40’s. like them music  :-D

• heartbreak ridge

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m