• I have a question about a defensive German sub withdrawal into the water around the UK (as long as the water is not occupied).

If a sub is attacked and withdraws (I think this is allowed) into a the water territory next to the attacker’s only factory, what happens to naval units that the attacker purchased at the beginning of their turn? I think they fight it out, but who is the attacker? More importantly what if the only naval unit produced was a transport?

• Does this fall under the “Not being able to place newly purchased items” p. 11 of the instructions?

I think it does, but there were a few “arguements” while playing.

• not sure, but in the most recent edition, i believe that one is allowed to drop newly purchased units in occupied waters.

• OK - But if you can place new units in the same territory, then who is the attacker?

If the UK is (in this example) then the transports cannot fire and die anyway?

• the way i play is that the attacker is the one who just placed the units into the seazone, but i’m not really sure what the official rules say.

• Can someone please answer this question?

… although I really don’t know – but, I agree with StrongBad198 … It seems like the (withdrawed) sub would be in the SZ before the “newly placed” units – therefore, the sub would be defending.

Does anyone know the answer to this???

• @StrongBad1988:

the way i play is that the attacker is the one who just placed the units into the seazone, but i’m not really sure what the official rules say.

no - placing new units is well after the attack phase. Basically the battle begins on the sub-owner’s next attack phase - unless he moves it out of combat into another combat. If the sub is there until the factory owner’s next attack phase, THEN they attack it
    or so i believe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m