• '17 '16 Customizer

Anyone else think that the dice of 1 for a hit w/ the fighter is rather unrealistic? I played the allies and only had a hit twice the whole 10 rounds! Yet the blockhouse that fires out to sea hits on a 3? It was rather devestating to the initail allied landing forces. We played 3 games this last weekend (1st time playing the game) and at this point, I think the game does seem slanted towards an axis victory w/ the axis tanks defending at 3, blockhouses hitting on 3, allied bombardment hitting on 2 and fighter strafing hitting on a 1. It most certainly makes a victory w/ the Allies more pleasing and hard fought. (that hasn’t happend yet. :|
    What are your thought on this particular aspect of the game?

• When I first played I found it easier to play as the Axis too but I was more upset that I didn’t get  any planes to shoot back with.  The heck with historical accuracy.  give me one and place it first and let the allies 8 planes shoot at me first if you must.

I also got toasted by the planes as they may hit on a 1, but they roll for every unit that moves-that’s the key to them.  Since they shoot at every Axis unit that comes or goes, placement is key.  I’d recommend Levgre/GuerillaGuy’s (edit-see later post for mybad) strat guides as a good start for the game if you haven’t already seen them.

Blockhouses can be destroyed by ships, so hit the key ones early.  Use the extra card sets and you’ll have the chance to replace shot down fighters.

there are also some extra rules from Larry Harris posted on another thread here you may like to incorporate.

• @murraymoto:

I’d recommend Frimmel’s strat guides as a good start for the game if you haven’t already seen them.

:lol: Thanks for the vote of confidence but I don’t think I’ve gone all the way to strat guide on this one like BOTB. I do seem to have posted in about 75% of the threads on this game though for what it’s worth.  :-)

I don’t think the Allied fighters should be made more powerful though. While that would certainly put the Allies back in the game I think it would do so at a serious cost to fun. Axis would be losing tremendous amounts of units just getting into and out of the reinforcement zones without really getting a chance to fight back with them.

Remember that each Allied plane shoots at each Axis unit moving into and out of the zone it is flying over. So each Axis unit could be subject to up to four dice two or more times as it trys to move to the battle.

If someone wants to test Allied fighters at 2 or :-o 3 I’d be curious to the results.  :wink:

• My apologies Frimmel, and to Guerrilla Guy and Levgre.

I got DDay and Bulge about the same time and dove into those articles, and honestly didn’t look again at them the other day when I posted.  Your stuff on Bulge was a huge help to me and I thought you had done the ones for DDay too.  Guerrilla Guy & Levgre did the DDay ones and those are a big help for it.  So, credit is due to all who have made them, I’ll due a better job of making sure which has done which.  And yes, Frimmel, your posts have been great and have helped our group with both.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m