Retroactive Actions For Absent Minded Folks???!!!

• Hey again,

I was wondering what players do regarding certain actions people forget to do during the game.

For example, when my friends and I engage in a battle involving planes and AA guns, sometimes we forget about the AA guns first shot until midway through the battle.

Do you guys allow the AA person to get in his potshots afterwards? Or do you prefer a “too bad, you forgot, no AA shots for you” rule?

• These are sometimes important issues and depends on whom i’m playing with. If i’m playing with truly sporting people of the mind that “these things happen” etc. then we try to find a compromise that will not affect gameplay, but allows some “putative action”.

1. The AA must always shoot. If WE fail to put it on the gameboard then it takes “potshots” afterwards. Unless it rolls a “1” for every attacking plane, then we just kill the planes that “missed”.
    2. Oftentimes a simple forgetting to reinforce a front, or minor absence of mindedness is overlooked, and usually we just let them go ahead and make the move. This is unless it would have changed my decision for one of my moves. For example - he forgets to reinforce a certain front, and i make my purchases based on that movement etc. then i’d consider it a little late. If i havn’t made any purchases, or it was simple enough to change purchases without a wholesale strat-change, then i’ll usually let it go. If it would change my strategy significantly, then i’ll request that we continue, possibly with a compromise such that my strat is not altered.
    3. Being human, if i’m playing a dick who won’t let anything by, then i’ll reciprocate. Also i’ll tend to overlook mistakes as well. Occassionally i’ll even point out combat moves/units to add to combat/non-combat moves that my opponant may have overlooked.
    4. I try to keep in mind that it’s just a game, people make these mistakes, but if it’s obvious that they just want to respond to a move or comment i’m making, then i usually won’t allow the change.
      mind you - if Mr. Ghoul was still around, he could well comment more on my acumen as a sporting games player.

• It depends on who you’re playing with. If somebody thats whines a lot is playing and it benefits them they will probably want to aloow it. On the other hand a whiner is most likely to stick with the rules if it benifits them. I actually saw a fistfight spring up over somebody moving a transport they had forgot to move on non-combat movement!

• CAn you kill an AA?

• @Hans:

CAn you kill an AA?

no
    not unless you melt it down, or my dog gets a hold of it. Then it’s effectively “killed”.

• CC, what kind of dog do you have?

• @F_alk:

CC, what kind of dog do you have?

well, more appropriately my parents have 2 - bijon frises. They like to eat things. Shoes, especially. They try to trick us into thinking that they are being helpful by walking around with shoes for us. My parents think they are being “cute”, but i’m quite certain they are being ravenous. In my home i have a small plastic statue of a skeleton - useful for studying anatomy. It’s not so useful now that Casper got a hold of C1 and C2. Now it can barely hold its head up. Poor skeleton. Bad Casper!!
    But they are cute dogs, and a menace to all those allergic to doggie spit!

• as far as failure to NCM or something of that nature, generally it depends on who’s playing. generally, someone in my gaming session acts as a stickler for rules (A.K.A asshole) and then does exactly the same thing themselves, for which I only say, they lived by the sword, and they died by the sword. Whatever you choose, be consistent and forceful about it.

• The only way I know of destroying an aa gun is to put it on a transport and sink it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m