Optimum strategy agst China? What are the best moves??

• I played Japan in AAP and I attacked the US Fleet, took PI, the DEI etc. I wiped out the UK Pacific fleetand was moving to take India, but CHINA was bleeding me dry!

I just could never put it away and it was becoming a bad dude.

I felt that if I had devoted sufficient attention to China that it deserved, that it would have significanlty hindered my Pacific efforts.

What is the best way to deal with China?
    Is there a 1st turn knock out blow?

• China is a waste of Japanese resources because each territory gained and each man lost is not replaced by income, until the very very end, and even then it’s only 2 IPCs.

Hong-Kong must be taken in the first turn to prevent American air force from immedeatley coming to the aid of the Chinese.

Keep American bombers away by maintaining a constant threat of a amphibious assault in Queensland to force America to spend 2 to 4 turns either building units to protect his landed bombers, or taking a more indirect route should it still be available…which is rare.

Keep fighters in range of China whenever possible to launch counter attacks if necessary.

They are annoying pests, but the Chinese cannot really do much without the assistance of the USAF, so focus on making sure those bombers never get anywhere near Asia, and China becomes largely irrelevant.

• These strategies are very helpful, but still China is such a annoying thorn to the Japanese player.

Never easy is it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m