• 1)  Can an ammo dump gain from being in cover?  Or is it strictly that if an enemy just gets an opportunity to shoot, there is a 33% chance of getting it.  I’d like think that a successful cover roll would mean that the damage roll is not even an option.

2)  Playing large scale games demands ammo creativity.  I was playing a 600+ point game on the weekend.  I therefore spent 60 points on ammo dumps (10 points per 100). It was decoded that an ammo dump should influence to a range of six hexes.  Therefore my dumps needed to be spread evenly through my area or even mounted on a truck.  Then they would be subject to capture.

Any ideas?

• They are Soldier types so yes they can get cover rolls when appropriate.

• Mot,

So I place my ammo dump in a forest or even better in a bunker.  You attack, I roll for cover and get it.  Just the fact that you attacked still makes me roll a single die with a 33% chance of exploding.  How does the cover help me?

• That’s where the “when appropriate” part comes in  :-D

Ammo dumps are fragile, and if a battle takes place so close to the supply line then there is a good chance the ammo-dump is going to be threatened.

As a side note, without a house-rule, Ammo-dumps cannot be transported.  But I think you knew that.

Mot

• Okay, thanks, I’m getting this now. You get a shot on my ammo dump and I roll for an immediate 33% chance that it blows up. This is regardless of the cover I have placed the unit in.

This roll misses so you carry on with the actual attack hoping to score two hits against my 3/3 defence. My rolling cover may limit your attack to disruption like any other soldier. Since the Ammo dump is a “Soldier” I can put it in a bunker to gain a 3, 4, 5 or 6 on the cover roll.

When disrupted I lose my ability to distribute ammo and my defence is reduced to 2/2.

If your soldiers get close enough, I get a short range attack of 5 against your soldiers and 2 against your vehicles.

How am I doing?

• The ammo dump should still work while disrupted…only “Command Abilities” stop working while disrupted.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m