• '17 '16 Customizer

Hi,

1st off, I’m new to this site (days) so here’s a hardy “Hello” to everyone! I’ve been playing A&A since I was 13. (1976) Mainly w/ my 4 brothers and in recent years, a good buddy when we’re both able to escape from “Daddy duty” for an evening. Now my 2 sons are getting into it w/ me so we’re having some good games. I bought A&AP about 10 years ago and played it 2-3 times. I remember it being rather overwhelming at the time regarding the amount different units, logistics, possible strats and tiny spaces. (India & the chinese) Today, my son & I dusted the game off and set it up. We read & re-read the manual and things really clicked for me. The 2nd game I played Japan. On the J1, I was able to expand into Dutch New Guinea, Celebs, Borno, Java, Sumantra, Malaya. I sunk the US fleet in Hawaii and sent a sub over to sz15 to occupy the BC5 as a small diversion. I aslo pushed into China in 3 territories. It took about 1/2 hour to figure out the logistics of it but it worked out b/c of Japans 1st round advantage. I hardly lost any units. On J2, I invaded Australia and sunk most of their fleet. J3 I took BOTH Capitals of India & Australia and took sz52 & 49 to further reduce their income. The US fleet was just getting going but were not going stop me from holding Australia for 1 round. It was quite intense and REALLY fun. But what’s really interesting is that I actually understood the concept of what Japan must do and how to get there before US gets a solid foothold. I love it when a plan comes together! Anyway, I’m looking forward to more games and hanging out here learning some tricks & strats.

Regards,  SMS

• It sounds like you didn’t get the Phillipines on J1.  From my experience, taking Aus and Ind on J3 is an a-symetrical result.  You shouldn’t be able to repeat that often.  Did you get some great dice in that game?  I am curious.  Still, it is great when the plan works.  My experience with Japan isn’t anything like you describe.  Congrats.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@dinosaur:

It sounds like you didn’t get the Phillipines on J1.  From my experience, taking Aus and Ind on J3 is an a-symetrical result.  You shouldn’t be able to repeat that often.  Did you get some great dice in that game?  I am curious.  Still, it is great when the plan works.  My experience with Japan isn’t anything like you describe.  Congrats.

Yes, taking the Phillipenes was one of the 1st objectives I had. I did that also. I was having a great run of rolling 1’s w/ the dice for infranty. On J1 I streched Japan to the max. As far as I could w/ everthing available. I think nothing but 1 x-port w/ 2 inf. from Japan was left for the non-com phase move. I took out as much British Navy as I could reach. There were a couple SZ clearing actions then landing the troops for a land assault. Taking the India Capitol on J3 was kind of a fluke as my son only left 3 tanks there. I wasn’t planning it but opportunity knocked. I was able to come in the “back door” w/ 2 inf. , 2 figters & 1 bomber along w/ 2 bttleshp & 2 destyr landing shots. It worked.

• Maddog77,

Welcome to the forum.  I’m glad to hear you were able to rekindle your A&A passion.  The best part of A&A I have found is to teach a younger generation how to enjoy it as well.

LT

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m