Basic Question: How many units HAVE to attack…?

• I’m totally new to this game… Two basic questions that the instructions don’t seem to clear up… And I used to play Risk a bit so maybe this is why I’m confused:

When attacking do you have to attack with all available units from the territory where you are attacking from?.. Or can you only attack with x units and leave some behind in the original territory (those ‘left behind’ will not be involved in the battle)?

Secondly, can you attack from two (or more) territories onto one enemy territory in the same attack (i.e. move in units from two (or more) territories that can both reach the desired enemy territory and thus combine those forces in that one attack?)

Thanks!

• 1st question) No you can attack a territory and leave some x amount of units back and x amount of units to attack.

2nd question) yes you can attack from any county that is connected to the territory.

• I’m also new to the game.

If players are allowed to leave behind some of their army from attacking, are these armies that are “left behind” allowed to attack the same territory after the first committed armies have attacked (if they lose let’s say) or attack another territory?

If they are allowed to attack, what stops someone from “inching” his way attacking by committing one army at a time?

Thanks for any responses. Much appreciated.

• @Newbie:

I’m also new to the game.

If players are allowed to leave behind some of their army from attacking, are these armies that are “left behind” allowed to attack the same territory after the first committed armies have attacked (if they lose let’s say) or attack another territory?

If they are allowed to attack, what stops someone from “inching” his way attacking by committing one army at a time?

Thanks for any responses. Much appreciated.

No they may not. One must declare ALL combat moves, THEN combat (dice rolling) then non-combat moves.
    You seem to be looking to do combat moves, then combat, then combat moves again, then combat . . . .
    Unless you are talking about sequential turns, in which case yeah - i could attack Caucasus from Ukraine with half my forces. If i fail to take it, then the next round (assuming my forces in the Ukraine are there), i may try again with Ukrainian forces to take it once more.

• Thanks for the response.

You’re right. I was combating, then moving, then combating.

Gotta read the rules better next time!

• also to note, if you attack a territory and win, u may NOT move there on non-combat. remember, all combat, non-combat, unit development, and the rest occur at the same time. so u cant land a plane in a place where there is a battle taking place.

• @Anonymous:

also to note, if you attack a territory and win, u may NOT move there on non-combat. remember, all combat, non-combat, unit development, and the rest occur at the same time. so u cant land a plane in a place where there is a battle taking place.

for some reason i thought this was only true for aircraft (i.e. runways take a turn to build . . . ).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m