• ABattleMap Modules

Intro:
    Since I’ve got a first post in a stickied thread here, I’m gonna hijack it :evil: to present to you guys the brand new ABattleMap Installer! The goal is to simply have a player install one .exe file, and be ready to play any A&A flavour (s)he likes. No more messing around with map versions or e-mailing modules, all ABattleMap needs should be in one convenient package.

Features:

• Easy-to-use self-install format

• Up-to-date 0.80+ ABattleMap.exe file

• Some extra files created by the community to enhance your ABattleMap experience

• All current A&A-related modules including:

• Both of Funcionetta’s Free China modules

• A version of AAR with corrected sea zone names

• The finished version of AA42

• The former ABattlePack

• TMTM’s Guadalcanal, Battle of the Bulge and D-Day

• Half a dozen other A&A variants I found on the net: AAR: Enhanced, AAR: Historical Edition, Pact Of Steel, AAE: Italy, Advanced World At War, Global War.

• Stoney’s superb Pacific 1940 module v3.2

How to install:
    Simply download the ABattleMap Installer, follow the instructions on-screen, and double click the created shortcuts. Easy as pie, have fun!

On the extra files:
    There is a folder in the installation directory called “Extra Files”. This folder contains extra toolpieces.bmp, bigpieces.bmp and map.bmp files to costumize some modules. Also, it contains a .pdf with Stoney’s guide on how to create your own ABattleMap modules. It’s very complete, and certainly worth a peek.

Notes:
    Required disk space: 207 MiB. This is mostly due to the use of .bmp files for the many needed image files.

For non-Windows users, here’s a .7z file of the whole lot.

Compatibility of maps should not be an issue, I’ve only included maps which are compatibility-wise finished. Anyone sending me a new version of an already existing module, should make sure they’re compatible with the older versions. New modules are always welcome and will be added to the ABattleMap installer.
    Current version of the files: juli 24nd 2010.

Any comments, suggestions or flames on the ABattleMap installer or modules can be directed to this thread. Comments, suggestions or flames regarding Pacific 1940, Europe 1940 and Global 1940 can be directed to Stoney’s thread (which should be stickied imo).

People who can’t download files from Mediafire are welcome to pm me with their e-mailaddress so I can simply mail the files to them.

Many tnx go to TMTM, Funcionetta, TimTheEnchanter, CmdrJennifer, a44bigdog, Emperor Molari, jeffdestroyer, Stoney229, Atarihuana, d142, P@nther and Vreely for supplying ideas, reporting bugs and sending through files or modules. Ofcourse, credit also has to be given to Atilla, the creator of ABattlemap.

A quick tutorial on using ABattleMap:

• Navigating is done by holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse.
    • Placing new units in a territory is done by left clicking on the desired unit in the ToolBar window, and then left clicking in the desired territory. To place 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To place 10 units at a time, hold CTRL.
    • Deleting units is done by clicking the middle mouse button on the desired unit, or by changing the mouse function to delete by clicking “DEL” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window. To delete 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To delete 10 units at a time, hold CTRL. To get back to the default mouse function, click “ESC” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window.
    • Moving units from from a territory to another is done by dragging them with the left mouse button. To drag 5 units at a time, hold SHIFT. To drag 10 units at a time, hold CTRL. To drag a whole stack of units, hold CTRL+SHIFT.
    • Undoing a recent action is done by clicking “UNDO” in the upper right corner of the ABattleMap window.
    • Zooming in is done by pressing “+” on the numpad. Zooming out is done by pressing “-” on the numpad.
    • Recovering the InfoView and ToolBar window after they mysteriously disappeared is done by removing the “ABattleMap.ini” file from your ABattleMap folder (default: C:\Program Files\ABattleMap).

Source map files

For those who wish to create their own version of the AA50 modules, a .pdn file of Map.bmp for the AA50 1941 scenario can be downloaded here, and a .pdn file for the AA42-map can be found here.

• Any chance of posting these using the site based uploader…

I have problems with filesharing sites at work… (I’m not online at home…)

Can anybody help ?  :-D

Free league points are at stake LOL !

• sz 7 does not connect to NWE on the Battlemap file.

• @jeffdestroyer:
    @HolKann:

After messing up the map and the uploads, I’ll simply devote a little thread to the AA50 modules for ABattlemap. The goal is to keep the most up to date version in this post, and any bugs or changes that might be good can be reported here. I’ll try to look into them as soon as I have time.

Latest version (26th of November): http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmhzm1t2iqm/AA50 modules.zip

Currently working on:
    -fixing the SZ 38 naming error

Have fun! :)

sz 7 does not connect to NWE on the AA50 Battlemap file.

• @Mr:

Any chance of posting these using the site based uploader…

I have problems with filesharing sites at work… (I’m not online at home…)

Can anybody help ?   :-D

Free league points are at stake LOL !

:cry:  won’t anybody help me ?

• Here are the two game files.  Can not upload the other files here. 
    Give me an e-mail address and I can send it to you

AA_41_.AAM
    AA_42_.AAM

• @jeffdestroyer:

sz 7 does not connect to NWE on the Battlemap file.

Fixed :)

@Mr:

Any chance of posting these using the site based uploader…

No, they get screwed up all of the time because the forum doesn’t allow “.rar”-files to be attached. PM me with your e-mail address, and I’ll send them to you…

• '10

not sure if u got this one yet, but Saigon victory city in FIC should be Shanghai in Kiangsu.  Also, placements were off in the original map file for 1942, I’ve included corrected placements below in case it’s helpful…cheers and thanks for doing this!

1942.AAM

• Didn’t update the link :oops:. I did now (and doublechecked ;) ): Shanghai, 1942 setup, connection to Nwe from SZ7,… are correct.

• @HolKann:

Didn’t update the link :oops:. I did now (and doublechecked ;) ): Shanghai, 1942 setup, connection to Nwe from SZ7,… are correct.

thanks for the correction

• Posted a final version of the map, without naming errors and some optimized territory shapes (nothing major, just made some connections between seazones or land territories a bit more clear), + fixed the placement of some NO IPC-values on the map.

Also, +1 to the first forummer who knows the names of the six people pictured on the map… 8-)

Stickied the thread.

• How do I use this map?

• If you will look in the Axis & Allies Revised section of the forum there is a stickied thread about battlemap.

• Is there anything by way of a new “map” for Triple A for AA50? I haven’t bought the actual game yet, and thought taking a look the virtual way might be nice. Also, where can I find the rules book? Do I have to go through the errata first?  :-P

• Hey, it looks like they used some of my images as the basis for the new toolpieces.bmp.  Cool!!  You can almost tell the pieces apart!

@DJ: The official rules are posted on the Wizards of the Coast site.  (And of course, there’s already an Errata page to go with it.  :roll:  :lol:)  Good luck trying to print them. I had to print it a page at a time on my work printer because the graphics make the printout so big.  I’m not even going to try it on my home/inkjet printer.

• @The:

Is there anything by way of a new “map” for Triple A for AA50? I haven’t bought the actual game yet, and thought taking a look the virtual way might be nice. Also, where can I find the rules book? Do I have to go through the errata first?  :-P

Triplea does have an AA50 map.
    Rules and FAQ at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/prod/axisanniv

• @TimTheEnchanter:

Hey, it looks like they used some of my images as the basis for the new toolpieces.bmp.   Cool!!  You can almost tell the pieces apart!

Yes, I did :D I mentioned this the first time I posted the modules somewhere, but forgot it in this thread. And it’s true, DD, Cru, BB are very hard to make distinguishable with the toolpieces, tried my best… And since we’re giving credit: the general shape and colors of the map are the work of Atilla at Flames Of Europe (who is also the creator of the whole ABattlemap program).

@The:

Is there anything by way of a new “map” for Triple A for AA50? I haven’t bought the actual game yet, and thought taking a look the virtual way might be nice. Also, where can I find the rules book? Do I have to go through the errata first?  :-P

Try pm’ing Imperious Leader, or just browse around a bit in this forum, Imperious Leader has got different maps uploaded at mediafire which are a decent representation of the actual map, and he distributes links to them every now and then.

• Only one thing is missing now from the Battlemap modules and that is a tech chart to keep track of who has what.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m