Anybody interested in developing a 1940 or 1943 set up?

• I would like to make for two new scenarios for different reasons:

1. a shorter game for tournaments using July 1943 as the starting point. The game would include techs as historical as possible and a few that kick in on turn X. The game would be something where the allies have X turns to win or the axis win. Obviously they don’t win, but they force the issue and extend the war longer. This may produce a quicker result, but also be a bit of fun.

2. a longer game from the fall of france ( June 1940), that can include the Bismarck sortie and the Battle of Britain. It would also feature some unique force pools for Germany as they prepare for Barbarossa or even allow Germany to invade early or later, or allow the Soviets to themselves have a try. It would be a modified 1941 set up minus all the stuff between Germany and Soviet border.

If posters would first choose which of these they prefer, ill go with either one.

• I think that 1941 and 1940 set ups already made for a long game. IMHO the more interesting is the 1943 setup. The idea of a shorter game, useful in tournaments but also for face to face fast games is interesting!

• I would prefer a 1940 scenerio but, why not do both?

• OK both can be done, but which you like to start first?

• on the 1940:

you would have Italian forces in East Africa, and free french forces in Madagascar and other territories, plus Persia would not be UK control.

I think Germany gets a BB in Baltic for Bismarck and probably less UK forces in Africa, and no German in Africa ( with special rules to bring in DAK)

Japan would have some restrictions, while USA is neutral for a few turns.

Balkans are neutral and have a couple UK pieces

also, Germany would have 2,500 more fighters ( about 2 more planes)  as UK would have about another fighter

special rules for air combat and sealion if its attempted.

• I say 1940 first. Now, the real question is would the Chinese theater be different? Would they even last to 1941?

• Restrictions on Japan as a semi-neutral player for a few turns. Limited to one combat per turn penalty or they can possibly lead to early entry of USA

The scenario needs some minor tweeks to present the feel of mid 1940. On turn 3 of the scenario the game should look similar to the 1941 setup, given semi historical moves.

use bluestrokes map file and add or delete unit icons accordingly. Or you can list changes from the 1941 set up in outline

SO we need:

setup
    rules for non-activated powers ( USSR, USA, Japan)
    Changes in German, Italian, and UK controlled territories and income

start date June 1940 and on turn 3 normal rules apply, so need rules for 2 turns of special scenario ideas.

• Option 2 sounds like alot of fun, the first one seems like it might just be a defensive battle for the axis no?Just stack up territories and wait or am I wrong? :|

But the second one for sure sounds like alot of fun,massed carnage :evil: :-D

• yes 1943 would present a big armor battle, plus allied landing at Sicily. The axis would have to choose either attack on the eastern front, or hold panzer in reserve for Allied D-Day. The axis would have some automatic techs

Jets
    Super subs’
    Rockets
    plus others

Allies have LRA, Radar, plus others

• '10

Ok, Maybe I seem to Hard Core ( I studied History in University for 5 years)  But I would love to create a 1939 scenario for this new board.  Im all for the extra long games, also I enjoy the “what if” factors.

I think the 40, and 43 set-ups are a great idea…  And I know to do a 39 scenario would require turn restrictions on many nations to keep the game and historical balance.  I think I will be working on this in the future.

Any other hard core players interested in this?

• Yes of course but this site have this already for revised.

If you do a 1939 thing the scenario needs to have alot of rules for it to make work because so many types of strategy are possible and limitations need to be in place.

also consider something where your just playing Germany against Russia with set pieces involved and extra money coming in abstracted. That gives you a quick 1 hour game for Barbarossa and no fleets. People can print off just this portion of the map and play Germany v Russia to perfect strategy when they play full games. It would make a great tool to sharpen your tactics. The key is to script the actual game situations to make it seem like you modeled how AA50 plays out.

• when preparing the scenarios for 1940/43 add your unit tokens to this map. Use gimp to edit the icons from the section of the map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w5zqiydmyd5

• '10

Thanks for the advice.  When I begin this 39 set-up I know for sure where I will have to come for advice and input.

I will wait and see how you guys develop the 40 set-up, then maybe I’l think about the 1939 version of AA50.  Maybe im just looking for an excuse to make French unit molds :roll: and French dice

• Verry Nice map IL. 
    Love the pictures fades in back ground.  Nice proportions and territory shapes.  I also like the border specific colors. 
    And my holy grail, UK is at a more realistic lattitude.

• I agree with Kruppsteel, 1943 will be too defance. I want that 1940 campaign with Bismarck sinking Hood.

• Very Nice map IL.
    Love the pictures fades in back ground.  Nice proportions and territory shapes.  I also like the border specific colors.
    And my holy grail, UK is at a more realistic latitude.

the map is verbatum from AA50 , except i added names Sicily and Corsica because the islands were too large to ignore

• IL, is it possible for you to change the file format from PDF to a bmp of jpeg format?

That would we could chop the map into smaller pieces to make a huge laminated map from it.  :-D

• ok ill get it done

• Thanks a lot!  :lol:

• i cant save at Jpeg, PNG, or BMP. It prompts a memory error saying the file exceeded the capacity.

I have the original .ai file and PDF. thats it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m