• Is there a physical difference between the standard German paratroop model and the Veteran paratroop.  As I dig through and sort my millions of soldiers I’ve two separate cards Costed 8 and 10 points respectively but so far only the standard model.  I’ve still piles of men to sort.

• yeah there is a difference, the veteran paratroop model has its gun facing upwards against its shoulder, and the standard paratroop has its gun facing forward and looks like it is ready to charge.
    this a link to a website where you can find pictures of all the miniatures in the game.
    http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/selectcard/game62/goal

• Thanks, I found one of my three veteran models today. I’ve about 20 of the original guys.

• As an aside, what is your opinion of the Vet Fals?  10 points is pretty steep.  I think the SE Paras are still better at 9 points w/ Hard Charger.

• I love the rules and state for the Vals but 10 points is WAY steep if you ask me. I’d rather invest that into MG42 teams, commanders like the Oberleutnant or Haupsturmfuhrer that help out my front line men. Paratroopers are great if you can deploy them in multiple teams.

My most recent example is I played Japan VS the US. I don’t have that many Japenese men and I HATE PLAYING JAPAN. So I thought it would be a short war.

Then I came up with the idea to utilize snipers and foot soldiers and 2 mortars with LT’s. I put the rest of my points into 6 paratroopers.

Sure enough, at turn 6 we were being decimated and the US held the town adjacent to the objective.

“What’s taking you so long to move?” my opponent griped.

Well, I deployed the para’s in 3 groups (2 each). One on each side of the town, having my remaining infantry rush him. This turned his battle into a 3 front war and In one turn, all his commanders, his quad 50 and other elite troops were gone except one. His last soldier made a run for the objective and was killed by a sniper that survived the town rush.

My point is this: My opponent said “Your goal was to decieve me and that, you did. I thought your army looked a little light.”

So if your playing a huge point battle and can afford to divide up your Airborn units into at least 2 groups, you can seriously cause chaos in your opponents movements and even divide his attention in critical areas where he needs to concentrate.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m