• Customizer

Hello Chaps.

Been away for a while with various things, largely working on Advanced Kingmaker stuff.

Just heard about this one, and was wondering if there’s a brief summary somewhere of the changes from AAR, including a complete map outline.

Apart from adding Italy it doesn’t look like they’ve changed any of the things I’d have liked to have seen.

There still seems to be a hideous “Bellorussia” sticking into the USSR, though thankfully it can be more easily changed by just hopping Moscow over the border, thus making the map more historical and ending the border between Moscow/Stalingrad that largely ruined AAR.  Its far too easy for Russia to reinforce Stalingrad from Moscow, making a drive to Moscow all too obviously the only winning German strategy.  Without changing the map we still have the problem of Moscow stuck in Central Asia, despite the map attempting to fool us it isn’t.

Why is Italy in brown?

Why does it use the Allied Italian symbol?

Isn’t it just too weak without the Axis minors added?

Why isn’t Australia US controlled?

Where is the Pripet marsh, without which the Eastern Front conflict can have no historical shape?

Why have they done nothing with Africa and the Middle East?

Still don’t like the way the north sea/Western Europe/Germany borders are drawn, when the solution is so clear and obvious.

Is there any news of a Soviet-Japanese non-aggression pact, the one thing most urgently needed to give the game a reasonably historical play-out, or is it still a case of “abandon the Pacific”?

A reminder of what it should have looked like…

http://elbowmaster.com/web1/flashman/1942/CompleteJune1942.jpg

But, wait a minute, where’s Rio de Oro?  There is light at the end of this tunnel…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

To be honest, I have yet to see a good depiction of the oceans.  It’s just too bloody easy to get troops from one side to the other.  No idea if they have fixed it in AA50 or not, but I can say, I’d be much happier if it would take 2 turns from Alaska and three turns from W. USA to get to Japan.

• @Flashman:

Why isn’t Australia US controlled?

Two reasons:

• UK represents mainly Commonwealth and Australia was in Commowealth
    • More important, balance: a USA controled Australia would be too powerful. Just build a USA IC in Australia and start buying ships there (mainly acs), with figs buyed on wusa. Japan toasted

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m