• In a 3 player game, which is what I will be a part of 99% of the time, what would be the optimal nation teams?

Obviously 1 player will have to take 3 nations. The 2nd player will take 2 nations.

Player 1- AXIS
    Player 2 -Russia
    Player 3- US and UK

or

Player 1- Allies
    Player 2- Japan/Italy(so Germany and Italy aren’t acting as 1 nation)
    Player 3-Germany

or

Player 1-Allies
    Player 2- Germany/Italy
    Player 3- Japan

• I think Allies should be the two players team, because Allies have huge economic advantage and splitting the team would solve this (because need of coordination). Also, best team would be still USA+USSR because it’s UK and USA who need coordinate. Even UK+China and USA+USSR would be good, giving each player two countries to play (it’s easy splitting USA and China forces).

I’d suggest:

3 players:

Axis
    USSR+USA
    UK+China

4 players:

Germany+Italy
    Japan
    USSR+USA
    UK+China

5 players:

Germany+Italy
    Japan
    USSR
    UK
    USA+China

Note you could play a 7 players game, but I suspect China player would get very boring if that pesky 1941 deployment is confirmed … “OK, China 1, I lose all my guys saving 1 to Japan, I move my last guy to try saving it, I put 1 new guy … I have 2 guys! Yeeees!”  :-D

• @Funcioneta:

I think Allies should be the two players team, because Allies have huge economic advantage and splitting the team would solve this (because need of coordination). Also, best team would be still USA+USSR because it’s UK and USA who need coordinate. Even UK+China and USA+USSR would be good, giving each player two countries to play (it’s easy splitting USA and China forces).

I’d suggest:

3 players:

Axis
    USSR+USA
    UK+China

4 players:

Germany+Italy
    Japan
    USSR+USA
    UK+China

5 players:

Germany+Italy
    Japan
    USSR
    UK
    USA+China

Note you could play a 7 players game, but I suspect China player would get very boring if that pesky 1941 deployment is confirmed … “OK, China 1, I lose all my guys saving 1 to Japan, I move my last guy to try saving it, I put 1 new guy … I have 2 guys! Yeeees!”  :-D

To convert it to a 7 player game with China, you could need to either add an IC in China, give the Chinese Player 1 IPC for territory held and allow the US Player to give the Chinese a certain number of IPC per turn in the form of Lend-Lease, or forget the IC, give the Chinese Player one IPC per territory held and allow the US player to supply Lend-Lease units with the units initially appearing in India.  If a land route is open to China from India, you can send in land as well as air units, if no ground route is open, then infantry and air units, with the infantry being those Chinese units formed using US weapons supplied by the “Hump” airlift over the Himalayas.  I have some house rules for adding China to the A&A Pacific game posted in the House Rules Section of the Board that you could also look at.

• player 1 - Germany + Italy
    player 2 - UK + US
    player 3 - Russia + Japan

• @03321:

player 1 - Germany + Italy
    player 2 - UK + US
    player 3 - Russia + Japan

Russia & Japan… WHAT!?!  :-o
    It just seems like a bit of a conflict of interest… IMHO.
    Thanks.

• @timerover51:

To convert it to a 7 player game with China, you could need to either add an IC in China, give the Chinese Player 1 IPC for territory held and allow the US Player to give the Chinese a certain number of IPC per turn in the form of Lend-Lease, or forget the IC, give the Chinese Player one IPC per territory held and allow the US player to supply Lend-Lease units with the units initially appearing in India.  If a land route is open to China from India, you can send in land as well as air units, if no ground route is open, then infantry and air units, with the infantry being those Chinese units formed using US weapons supplied by the “Hump” airlift over the Himalayas.  I have some house rules for adding China to the A&A Pacific game posted in the House Rules Section of the Board that you could also look at.

Well, I was thinking on simply let a 7th player play with chinese units, in the same turn as USA, but you have interesting ideas here, especially the idea about Burma Road, and the IC. Probably your idea is better for historical accuracy.

I have another possibility: make China a totally independant and normal playable power, give the IC as you say, also a AA gun (as in AAPacific), both in Chongquing (the capitol). Boost Chongquing to 3 ipcs (for simulating Kuomingtang base) and Yan’an 2 ipcs (communists forces), give 1 additional IPC for Burma Road. It would make China a 11 ipcs country, but probably only the first turns until Japan attacks heavy. For balancing, give Japan a 5 ipcs bonus for taking both Chongquing and Yan’an and boost Japan’s capitol by 3-5 IPCs. Also, just for fun, give China a bonus if they liberate all her homeland (including Manchuria and such). Make Chongquing a VC an cancel Ottawa as VC. Finally, make China playing after USA.

• 2007 AAR League

I think your best bet would be to play the US as the single player country. They already have China, in the midgame their income will probably match UK/USSR combined, and that way both players are guaranteed to be involved in both the Atlantic and Pacific wars.

If you team up the US and the Soviet Union then that player will have the majority of the Pacific involvement while the UK player has only limited involvement in the Pacific.

• That is another good option. Seems we agree with USA and UK should not be played by the same player  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m