• We had 4 guys here last night and we decided to try Pacific (we’ve played World and Europe before). With an extra person, me and my friend decided to team up and rule Japan.

Turns out that wasn’t the best thing to do, it came down to him doing mainland Asia and me managing the Pacific, and that probably tripped us up.

Anyway, heres how it went down.

The 6 planes attacked the Pearl Harbor fleet. Lost 1 fighter and destroyed the fleet. The Fighters came back to sea zone 17 (West of Hawaii) and landed on the carriers.

I decided to take out a lot of stupid islands, another flaw. Guam and Wake easily fell to combos of infantry / fighters / destroyer bombards. I used some destroyers as 1 inf transports.

Then i took the Philipines with every warship in range, and 2 transports (4 inf) and planes. Lost 1 inf in the invasion (this dude can roll 1’s like a mofo).

I took Hong Kong with 1 arty.

My friend did china, and we won with i think 1 inf lost (we beat the 2’s better than the 1’s, somehow). I don’t remember exactly what we took in China but whatever, it didnt matter.

I then moved the fleet @ caroline to the carrier fleet W of Hawaii.

The first turn was way too slow, looking back. Played far too conservatively.

The British player dropped 3 tanks for india and a fighter and something for the Aussies. They did some attack and failed.

America dropped 2 battleships and a destroyer (60 IPC) and saved the other 15. That’s f*cking insane if you ask me. America didn’t do any attacks, and consilidated their fleet @ Hawaii. The two big assed fleets were staring eachother in the face. Advantage America.

Rather than go on at length, I can summarize the rest of the game quickly.

Japan continued to grind through China. We lost NOTHING until we hit Szechwan, which for some reason wouldn’t die. After takign moderate losses we decided to bypass it and head for India. Japan now had 2 fleets, and one began to swing around to India. The one facing overwhelming odds near America retreated to Sea Zone 27 (New Britian / New Guinea), killing a smaller british fleet with no losses (tipped / untipped battleships). New Britian was Invaded.

I’ll just summarize “the end” of the game. The Japanese fleet heading to India, well, got raped. The British, in a move of desperation, engaged the larger japanese fleet. The laws of probability were proven wrong as the Brits destroyed a Battleship, carrier, 2 fighters, 2 destroyers, and 4 transports while only losing a transport and a sub. Insanity. The land assault on india failed (they had one fighter left! ACK!)

Basically, Japan was out of continential Asia. We had some defensive forces but most of it was thrown at India. The Japanese fleet consolidated in the Sea of Japan, the American Fleet moved to Sea Zone 22 (2 East of Mainland Japan, out of kamakazie range). The Brits nabbed most of continental asia and america took over some islands.

We declared the game over, because japan was dead in the water with 11 VPs, getting 1 a turn. It was a matter of time until America got a lot of land forces, but not 11 turns.

As a laugh, we rolled out the Sea of Japan battle. Here are the fleets:

Japan came out with 3 Battleships in tact.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m