• I’ve searched the forums and found one person who said that a unit can only make Defensive Fire within its own hex if it is covered in smoke. In the case of a KV-1 passing through the same smoked road hex occupied by a Pnzr Mk-III, if the Mk-III made a successful DF, the KV-1 would then be stopped in the hex just outside the smoke hex it tried to pass through. Does sound like a good interpretation to you? (Anybody?)

• Already answered by MOT in the Miniatures Game forum.

@Motdc:

I know this one.  Combat VS a unit in the same hex (DF, Close Assault, etc) does not require  line of sight “into”, “out of” or “through” its hex.  So for vehlce VS vehicle DF, the only way to draw DF is to go through hex the other vehicle is in.  The defender can opt to perform the DF while the Mover is in the same hex, though obvioulsy if it succeeds then the Mover has to trace his path back to the first legal resting position.

• @Cobalt:

Already answered by MOT in the Miniatures Game forum.

@Motdc:

I know this one.  Combat VS a unit in the same hex (DF, Close Assault, etc) does not require  line of sight “into”, “out of” or “through” its hex.  So for vehlce VS vehicle DF, the only way to draw DF is to go through hex the other vehicle is in.  The defender can opt to perform the DF while the Mover is in the same hex, though obvioulsy if it succeeds then the Mover has to trace his path back to the first legal resting position.

So if someone rolls right through my hex: assuming a vehicle was already there and my infantry moved up to him, if the vehicle passes through my hex I get defensive fire while he’s passing through and then if that fails, I get another try when he enters the hex behind me?, (assuming it’s an mg42 with unlimited defensive fire)

• The MG has DF VS unlimited # of units.  It doesn’t get unlimited DF shots against the same unit.  If it did, you could just keep rolling a thousand DF attempts until on hit!

• A unit in a smoke hex can only DF another unit while it is also in that smoke hex.  It cannot “see” out of the smoke to DF a unit in a different hex.

• Yes I get that. But assuming the smoke wasn’t there in my hypothetical postion, the SMG team could not make a thousand attemts, ony one attempt per adjacent hex the enemy unit moved through, assuming it’s first attack was unsuccessful. So It would only get a maximum of 2 shots here is what I’m wondering about.

• It says: the unit can make any number of defensive fires. I’m assuming that means one, every time it’s provoked. That’s how I interpreted it.

• I dont disagree that the wording in this case is poor, but I’m quite confident in my interpretation.  I’ll look up an FAQ on it though and post back.

• @Motdc:

I dont disagree that the wording in this case is poor, but I’m quite confident in my interpretation.  I’ll look up an FAQ on it though and post back.

SO. Forget the smoke hex for a sec. If a tank wishes to drive right through one of my units hexs, can that unit chose to make its defensive fire role while the tank is in the hex? I thought you could only make defensive fire while a unit was moving adjacent to yours.

• Its that same as if an adjacent soldiers trys to enter your soldiers hex.  You can take your DF shpt at him in his starting hex or his dest hex.  Same is true of a tank…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m