• Suppose there was a peice representing YOU on the board… if it gets killed… you get killed too !!!

For each country …where would you most want to be and where would you least want to be…

for me…

Most want to be/Least want to be

Russia
    Sz4 SUB / Moscow (Infantry)

Germany
    Berlin (It’s a tough choice… perhaps in the bomber)/West Russia (Anywhere)

UK
    Great Britain (Anything)/ Anglo Egypt (Infantry)

Japan
    Japan (Infantry) / Solomon islands (Infantry)

US
    Eastern US (Anything)/ Sz52 on board any Naval unit (Though possibly China is worse)

• :roll:
    First of all, the Russian Navy was no picnic either. I think there was no place safe in the USSR, If the Germans didn’t shoot at you then the NKVD did!

Germany/Europe was a war zone for 7 years. Airial bombings day and nite, The brutal Eastern Front that swollowed up millions of men, women and children, Partizans that struck deep within subdued regions without warning. the roundup of tens of millions of Jews, and other unwanted peoples, such as gypsies, political rivals and the guys with the pretty wives that the gystapo agents were lusting after. Just no safe place to be IMHO.

UK after the Blitz, ya maybe for awhile, then the boys were off to north africa, Sicily, and the beaches of Normandy.

Japan. since it was a great honor to die in the service of the Emperor in battle, I think that is just a one way ticket strategy, to seek self destruction.

USA, safe anywhere Stateside, but set sail, and right off the bat enemy subs were a constant threat. It only got worse from there. Pub fights in Picadilly, rows in resturants in Paris, pizza food fights in Rome, Island hopping in the Pacific, VD, and a myriad of other very unpleasant diseases, some recoverable due to the recent discovery of pennecillan.

In summery, in wartime, there is no place safe. Don’t believe me, just look in recent history to New York city and Washington DC on 9/11 a mere 7 years past.  :x
    Just my 3c worth.

• Spain any type of unit
    Switzerland any type of unit.
    Antarctica was probably the safest in revised it’s not even on the map I don’t think.

LT

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Central USA, it NEVER gets attacked when I am playing the allies! (Fighter)
    SZ 64, again, it NEVER gets attacked when I am playing the allies! (Battleship)

For the axis:

Caroline Islands.  Completely worthless even as an air field due to its location and IPC value. (Fighter)
    Also SZ 40, again, it never gets attacked when I’m playing the axis due to it’s location. (Battleship)

In either case, the battleship can take a hit and keep on fighting, meaning it is harder to “kill” me.  The fighter has the best chance of surviving in defense and can run to a safe area if need be.

• A German Inf. in Western Europe is where I would want to be.

• I think I would like to be a German INF in Moscow with about 74 of my closest friends.

LT

• EUS Industrial Complex.

Almost never falls into enemy hands
    At worst you get damaged slightly for a round, then are back to full power the next
    Can never be killed

• @Mr:

Suppose there was a peice representing YOU on the board… if it gets killed… you get killed too !!!

US
    …where would you most want to be

In an interior room with no windows

• I think I may have been misunderstood LOL!!! :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m