• Who would benefit the most from an IC and where would you put it?

Some say UK India, UK S. Africa, UK Norway, US Norway, US Sinkiang, JPN FIC, JPN Kwangtung, JPN Manchuria.

I was just wondering what some of the pro’s thought.

Thanks,
    LT

• You forgot Japan India  :)

• Maybe because for India IC Japan uses the British one?  :roll:

• @axis_roll:

You forgot Japan India  :)

wow that’s ambitious  :evil:

LT

• Well, if it is a free at start IC, I think that Germany could benifit from one the most.
    Imagine, an IC in Belorussia! 3 Infantry, or artillery, and later tanks pouring into the Russian front every turn.
    Or in Western Europe, subs built directly in the Atlantic!
    Maybe, in the Balkins, to speed up infantry to the attacks into the Caucuses.
    Or, even the Ukraine, where the fighting would be non-stop!
    Because, this game hinges on the survival or demise of Russia, all other theatres are side shows, nothing more.
    Focus on taking out/keeping Russia alive, that is the core of the game. :wink:

• I have though of maybe puting an IC in W Europe as US or UK.

• @LT04:

Who would benefit the most from an IC and where would you put it?

Some say UK India, UK S. Africa, UK Norway, US Norway, US Sinkiang, JPN FIC, JPN Kwangtung, JPN Manchuria.

I was just wondering what some of the pro’s thought.

Thanks,
    LT

I would put an IC on the moon.  Because then I could make drops from low orbit.  And you couldn’t stop me.

Oh, but you say I can’t put an IC on the moon?  Well, watch this (turns around, pulls down pants, puts an IC on top)

Yeah.  Who’s superbad now?

UK India IC is good if you have it at the START of UK1, so you can instantly produce units there, but even then, you’ll need the US to back you up.

UK S. Africa is good early game if each player’s performance is individually rated based on territory, and if you think your allies are idiots.  It’s also good late game if the Allies are doing well, but at that point, an IC is really academic.

UK Norway’s moderately good if UK has an income of 36 or so, and has 4+ transports.  That gives UK 11 production slots.  It’s no good making an IC for Norway if the UK has income 30-33 - infantry are useless without support (you can already HAVE support, but UK support units get chipped away, especially artillery/tanks) - if you have 30-33 income, produce better units with your 8 production slot capacity.

US Norway is good, but it’s hard to swing.  Germany certainly won’t want the US pumping out three tanks a turn at Norway, so you can expect either for Germany to try finishing Moscow or retaking Norway for a turn.

US Sinkiang - again, only if supported.  Even if you have US and UK building ICs, Japan can use tanks to hit either target on the same turn, making it difficult/impossible to defend both.  (If you bulk at both, Japan continues to build, and you have to build 2 defenses to contend with Japan’s 1 army.  If you don’t bulk at one, Japan hits it, then comes back to threaten the other one.)  Probably you’d want to see a US and/or UK Pac fleet if you have Allied ICs.  Not always.  Mostly.

JPN French Indochina is probably better than most others, because it allows Japan to press on India harder and earlier.  There are times and places for a Kwangtung or Manchuria IC instead.  Generally, though, unless you’re tank dashing, you should try not to build two ICs among those three territories - try to get one at India if you can.

• Yeah if the question is emant to be, given normal gameplay, where and who should have the most valuable IC. then my answer is Japan, India.

If the question is, if you had a free one to place before the game started. Id say UK-SA  or JAP-FIC.

• US Greenland IC.

Because if you build it, it is proof positive that either:
    1.  The Allies have already won or
    2.  The US player is an idiot and the Axis will surely win.

So…
    If you see an IC built in Greenland, you can immediately declare the game winner!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Japanese IC in Brazil. Mwuhahaha

• @Bunnies:

Oh, but you say I can’t put an IC on the moon?  Well, watch this (turns around, pulls down pants, puts an IC on top)

Yeah.  Who’s superbad now?

Why is it that when I laugh at BPW I also feel shame?

• If the US supports Africa the UK is usually the one that could use the IC. The problem is where. As soon as you place the thing it becomes Japan’s immediate priority. In my gaming group it’s hard for any nation to keep a new IC, so we rarely build 'em. ~ZP

I’ve personally, never seen the British IC in S. Africa fall before Germany was “defeated”.  I use quotes because technically their capitol was not trashed by maurading Communists and Capitalists, but they were pretty much a defeated nation at that point.

Not saying it cannot be done.  And if it was done, it is my personal opinion, that the only way would be an all out war on Africa by Japan at the expense of the Pacific and SE Asia.

However, may I humbly suggest, an Industrial Complex in E. Canada?  Now you may purchase 11 ground units per turn and if you have the transports and a 40+ income, it may be worthwhile for you to do it.

• IMO, UK building an IC in Norway is a better place than E.C. :wink:

Hmm, yea, it could be.  However, what if America has Norway and Germany doesn’t liberate it?  or worse, what if Russia had it and Germany refused to liberate (so as to prevent England or America from taking it and building a complex there.)

• Then the USA and UK should concentrate on D-Day and building in Western Europe.
    Next Question please.
    You there in the back  :lol:

• The last couple of games I have played I put an IC in India as Japan.  I don’t like it at all I would rather put one in FIC.  This way should for what ever reason the allies come for India I can send all my units to FIC leave the AA gun so they can’t blitz into FIC and have transports move from Japan to FIC to reinforce.

India is just to far away to protect if you have to from Japan.  Also I have to take India on J1 and waite until J2 to build my IC there.  I get more boots on the ground faster going the FIC route.

LT

• '19 Moderator

What if your grandma had testicals?

• @LT04:

The last couple of games I have played I put an IC in India as Japan.  I don’t like it at all I would rather put one in FIC.  This way should for what ever reason the allies come for India I can send all my units to FIC leave the AA gun so they can’t blitz into FIC and have transports move from Japan to FIC to reinforce.

India is just to far away to protect if you have to from Japan.  Also I have to take India on J1 and waite until J2 to build my IC there.  I get more boots on the ground faster going the FIC route.

LT

If you have to fall back, and regroup to counter an allied advance into asia, you have more issues than where to put an ic

@dezrtfish:

What if your grandma had testicals?

The question should be:  Does your grandma have the testicular fortitude to admit she has testicles?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m